Technic 8094

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Technic 8094

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

I love this little crane. I haven't built something and had so much satisfaction for some time now. It's fairly simple, but screams of classic Technic. Anyways, I just had to share something here because these forums are so quiet.
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

why do we need authentication to view your pics? You should fix that...
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
Blessed are the Geeks, for they shall Internet the Earth
03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

Sorry about that, it should be fixed now. Thanks for letting me know.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

When i try to view the picture i get a password promp from dan.berladyn.net . what does that mean?
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

I don't know why that keeps popping up, I can't seem to get it disabled. Anyways you can view the pic here: http://dan.berladyn.net/LEGO/8094/DSC01810.JPG
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

That's pretty cool, although it's a bit blocky - you might want to smooth it out a bit. That said, it looks nice and solid, and the stabilizer (can't think of the proper name) retraction mechanism looks quite ingenious. Does it work reliably?

P.S. The problem with the picture is that you're linking to the folder where you've published it - through the "public_html" folder. I don't know too much about webservers, but only you have access to that folder - it's just for upload. That's why it's asking for a password for "cpanel" (Control Panel). Just post the address you'd go to to actually view the webpage it's on.

hope that helps...

EDIT: I took the liberty of editing the URL in your post so it has the right address.
~Jeffery MacEachern
----
03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

Ahhh... OK thanks! Makes sense to me now.

Yes, the stabilizers work great. I know the model is "blocky" that's why I say it's classic technic. Think of it as function over form. Maybe it's just because I am older and that's what the typical set looked like when I was a kid, but I really like it.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

That is cool. I totally agree about the 'older' technic look (though I am on the younger side of things). I remember sets looking like that.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
jaem
MOC Poster

Post by jaem »

03SilveradoLS wrote:I know the model is "blocky" that's why I say it's classic technic. Think of it as function over form. Maybe it's just because I am older and that's what the typical set looked like when I was a kid, but I really like it.
you have a point - I didn't really grow up in that era. (Although I'm not that crazy about the move to all studless beams, either...)
~Jeffery MacEachern
----