NWBC this year?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Andrew
Brick Overlord

NWBC this year?

Post by Andrew »

Was anyone going to BrickCon this year?I think there is still a couple of days left to register at a reduced rate.Its happening on the Oct 8th weekend,friday ,sat,and sunday.
I think I'll be going down there for at least saturday.It would be nice to have some mocs from Vancouver down there.The Viclug guys are attending ,it be nice if some of us could get down to Seattle.its a great show to be involved in ,and some excellent stuff to go and see.

Take care all, Andrew :wink:
Dsmith

Post by Dsmith »

Not gonna be able to go down myself, but I am sending an MOC. Slightly modded version of Ca'gerrin, a design I posted recently.

Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

I have plans to go down as a visitor on Saturday. And I think you mean October 5 - 7!
-Bryan
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

I registered for the entire event.

Anyone else going down with me?

Thursday night seems idea?

TFM wonders if he can drive that far and how many breaks he could take... :?
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Does anyone know if passports are required?

I've heard not for driving down but...
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

I'm certainly going, and at least one VicLUG member is also going with his son! There might be another of us, but he isn't sure if he can make it or not.

Hope to see a lot of you there again this year, I'm sure it will be a great time.

I don't think you need a passport for driving down, but it makes them happier if you have one.

-John.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

No you just need something to prove your identity and citizenship. If you don't have a passport, you'll be safe with a birth certificate AND driver's license.

Read more at http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/agency/whti- ... e-eng.html
-Bryan
deanlovell
MOC Poster

Post by deanlovell »

Hi guys, long lost Dean 2 saying hello from the interior. I have my Lego still in storage sadly, but vowed I'd go to BrickCon this year, so have signed up for the full show. I'm thinking of going down on Thurs, and staying three nights, so if someone wants to share a room on any/all the nights, that'd be fine. Any suggestions on best place to stay? (reasonable rates/close to the 'action') I'd like to prebook the room.

I'll likely be driving from here, Salmo, directly, so can't really offer and ride sharing, but I'll post if that changes and I route through Vancouver.

Hope to see you there!

PS, Who, I'd love to buy your Lego, but I need a backhoe... :)
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

I was hoping to go over night saturday,but will have to settle for a Saturday day trip down to the con.Hope to see some of you there.
Andrew .
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

i haven;t signed up yet but i wanna go . I'm stillw ating for my family to decide whats going on for thanksgiving this year so if they wanna do the meal sunday night i might wanna leave sunday a like 1 if anyone wants to carpools

but thusday night saounds good :)
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

OK signed up . Looking for hotel Thusday friday saturday night . leaving sunday around 1 ish maybe hopefully to make it back for thanksgiving turkey .if everyone wants to stay longer though i will dependsing on who ants to carpool

Dean is danny coming this year ? if not you wanna pool in your smart ?
And you wanna stay in that same hotel as last year ? it was nice and close
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

i am returning from BRasil (2nd trip) on friday and I will get myself down to BC butsaturday early as possible. Have conviced my girlfriend to coe with me. She wanted to do something together since i have been gone a month and that something will be brickcon. not sure how long we will stay or where.

She still says she might come to chiliwack as well. I am kind of scared of exposing her t o t his much LEGO all ast once...
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

haha yeah got to be careful . my Ex girlfriend had was speechless and had to sit down for afew minutes when she saw my lego room fo the first time . I warned too that i had ALOT of lego like a ton . but nothing ever prepares them it seems . FYI we didn't break up cause of the lego though
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I knew Heather wouldn't be expecting that much LEGO because she was saying that I have a lot of LEGO and I tried explaining that I really have very little, but she didn't quite believe me.

Anyway, she loved the event and really appriciated the artistic side of the work. She also said that the all the people she met seeems like a really great group of people. I assured her that we are all crazy, but yes, a good bunch. ;-)

I know I say this every year, but next year I am really gonna build some cool stuff for NWBC.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Brickcon will be in a different building at Seattle Center,their will be almost twice as much space to display,so it would be nice to contribute.

It was a great looking show this year ,some really great stuff.

Take care all ,Andrew
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

My wife was sick Fri/Sat and I was feeling under the weather myself too, so I ended up not going... :(
-Bryan
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

deanlovell wrote:Hi guys, long lost Dean 2 saying hello from the interior. I have my Lego still in storage sadly, but vowed I'd go to BrickCon this year, so have signed up for the full show.
Dean, did you make it down? If you did, I completely missed you all weekend ...

Robin
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Ya Dean ,I hope everything is all right .Sorry to have missed you down there.Take care of yourself.

Andrew
deanlovell
MOC Poster

Post by deanlovell »

Hey guys, broke my vow, so it'll have to be next year. Hope it went well! Pics?

Partially due to the lack of response here, but mostly the fact that there's so much to do when getting ready for snowfall when you live in the bush with no power...heh.

Still could use answers to my questions for next year though!

Cheers
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Perhaps BRickcon will have an official hotel next year. I would wait to have that info.

Was there and other question?