LEGO Wants Fan input on the next City Set [News]

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

This is the headline on http://www.brothers-brick.com/ . It is going to be up and running April 3.
:)
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

I voted for the Transportation Center. There already is the town plan set if you want a city square and lego is already coming out with a truck repair center this year so the Transportation Center is Sweet! Image
Lego hasn't don't any light rail vehicles nor have we had a bus station in over 20 years! And a new monorail would be awesome :)
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Good choice Tim. Dave, what do you think, some kind of Monorail. Maybe just maybe. :)
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

MONORAIL FOR LIFE !@!!
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
who
MOC Poster

Post by who »

i like the trolley train road track shown in the monorail picture, that would be just as sweet if not sweeter than monorail track.

who.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Yup, I voted transportation centre as well. :)
-Bryan
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

I voted transportation centre. I'd love to see a remake of the monorail system, esp if you could work in the power functions. I doubt they would though as it wouldn't be very universal (hence once of the reasons they ditched 9v trains).

Graham
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Who knows if they make another monorail system with power functions?It might be a little large for the 4 wide monorail,but who knows ,I think the lego company has listened well to the adult fan of lego.
The guest speaker at brickfest talked about the Lego brand name and what it meant ,kind of dry material but I found it intresting ,the way they've decided to market themselves,the guy thought GALIDOR was going to do well,he said it would have if Mattel had made it.They changed the name of DUPLO a while back ,called it Education instead,sales plummetted 40%,same brick different name ,people didnt associate with the Lego brand.
Anyways he also said they cut down from 14000 elements to 6800 to be more profitable,no one off or juniorized pieces,each piece has to have a two fold purpose.So they might come back with more monorail sometime.maybe thats what the indy mine track is about?

OH yeah, looks like the artwork for the three picks could be lego universe theme areas originally.MOnorail would be nice though.

Andrew :wink: