New to the forum?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

jeffrose
MOC Poster

Re: New to the forum?

Post by jeffrose »

Welcome aboard Toto! Sounds like the whole family is into LEGO in their own ways, which is cool.
VLC - Technical Director Since 2018
Owner of: Brick Brains and BricksAndLinks
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Welcome (back) to the forums Toto.
My mom also chose some pretty cool sets when I was a kid (like an airport, a castle, and a Galaxy Commander :!: )

Our next in-person meeting (a chance to meet other AFOLs in person) is happening this Friday.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
TeeMac
General Poster

Post by TeeMac »

Hey Kyler,

Yes, I am planning to go this Friday. I’ll see you there?
Vinster500
New Poster

Post by Vinster500 »

Hello VLC fam!

I'm a resident of Richmond, BC and having grown up with building lego kits, I am thrilled to get acquainted with this group of fellow builders. By profession, I am a Learning & Development manager at Arc'teryx, Vancouver's very own outdoor brand. What I like about my job is my ability to build and create, something that unites all of us that enjoy building Lego kits.

Many moons ago, I used to be a teacher (still actively trying to get back into it) and i've tried always to incorporate Lego in my teaching endeavours. Because of this, I certified myself in the Lego Serious Play methodology, which is a fun facilitation tool developed by the Lego group but which has been made open source since.

My reasons for joining the club are to look for opportunities to discuss and build newer lego sets (i heard there's a train enthusiasts sub-group who i'll be interested to know more of) but also to socialize the serious play methodology within the wider group.

I hope to see you all at some of the physical meet ups and take it from there!

Cheers and happy building!
Vin
Lil'Bricks!
General Poster

Post by Lil'Bricks! »

Welcome to the forums, Vin! Hope to see you at a meeting sometime. Sounds like you have a cool job!
Melissa aka. Paul's sidekick 8)
TeeMac
General Poster

Post by TeeMac »

Yay~ another Richmond AFOL!!
SleepyShaman
New Poster

Post by SleepyShaman »

Hi everyone,

Just joined the forum, I'm a relatively recent transplant to Vancouver. I'm a long-time AFOL, but this is the first Lego group I've thought to join, largely thanks to the sign-up form for the Lego Inside Tour, which I'm hoping to nab a spot at this year. I'm mainly into modular builds and have made a few forays into modular MOCs on that front, but lately I've been doing a lot of designing and building for Lego DnD/TTRPG play since some friends are really into DnD and Lego is a pretty great fit for that. Looking forward to gleaning inspiration from the community on new building techniques and Lego events and things,

Peter
gates_apco
General Poster

Post by gates_apco »

Hi Peter!

Welcome!!
Heidi
Interstellar_1
New Poster

Post by Interstellar_1 »

Hello!
I am currently 17, so not quite an AFOL yet, but I've been going to BrickCan since 2018, and have also seen the VLC displayy at Fanb Expo the past two years. I live on the Sunshine Coast, which does mean that it is difficult to make it to VLC events, but it is possible that I might make a day trip in the future to check one out.
I love building mechanical and functional technic MOCs, including GBC modules, MINDSTORMS robots, and other interesting things. For most of my MOCs I also make instructions which go up on rebrickable. My current projects are a perpetual calendar, and a golf automata/gbc module. I'm looking forward to connecting with you all!
Interstellar_1 / Isaac Izen
David Barton
MOC Poster

Post by David Barton »

Hello Interstellar_1!

Welcome to the forum. If you are at BrickCan this year, say hi to the VLC folks. (Usually adorned with some kind of VLC t-shirt, hat or patch!).
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Hello Interstellar,

I hope you are doing well and you keep in touch. I help run BrickCan so if you come out this year I am usually in the hotel lobby during public hours so say hi.