Vancouver LEGO store

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

tnology
New Poster

Re: Vancouver LEGO store

Post by tnology »

AC wrote:Here is the question, would we Lego fans in the Vancouver area really support a Lego Brand Store here with their prices or would we still shop across the line for US prices?
I'd still goto an official vancouver Lego store for little things that Toy stores here don't carry, like Lego keychains, mugs, etc. not to mention the pick a brick section and the in-store events and exclusives.
But I'd still buy any set over $60 in the US because of the crazy markup canadian Lego gets shake
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Looks like we're in agreement then.
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Check out what someone said over on the RedFlagDeals forum:
I was at Fairview again this morning for the t-shirt and I overheard the district manager mention that they may be opening another Lego Store in Vancouver for Spring 2012!
(Toronto currently has 2 LEGO stores - one in Fairview Mall and another in Sherway Gardens)
-Bryan
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

That T-Shirt is Awesome! The mountie doesn't really fit TO though.. Calgary and Vancouver yes.. Toronto no..
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
islandcabinlego
MOC Poster

Post by islandcabinlego »

Lego Store to be opening in Vancouver! Check out the job listing: http://jobsatlego.com/ca/vancouver/reta ... ouver-jobs

Also was posted on Toys N Bricks Dec 13th http://toysnbricks.com/
islandcabinlego
MOC Poster

Vancouver Lego Store Opening Soon!

Lego Store to be opening in Vancouver! Check out the job listing: http://jobsatlego.com/ca/vancouver/reta ... ouver-jobs

Also was posted on Toys N Bricks Dec 13th http://toysnbricks.com/

Anyone know where the store will be opening?
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Welcome to the VLC boards and we appreciate you letting us know!

islandcabinlego I have merged your topic as we already have a topic in the external General forum as well as on the internal VLC side. The information from our the person who posted on our boards indicated the information came from Brickset.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
islandcabinlego
MOC Poster

Yes, I saw it on Brickset too. How do I view the members side discussions? I have signed up, but it doesn't let me see that side.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

islandcabinlego wrote:Yes, I saw it on Brickset too. How do I view the members side discussions? I have signed up, but it doesn't let me see that side.
Forum access and VLC membership access are two different things.

For access to that area, you would have to become a member of the VLC which requires you to be 16 and above, you must attend a VLC meeting and meet and be approved by the members and if 18 and over, pay a membership fee.

It's mainly internal membership related discussions there. We try to keep as much out in the open as possible.
Pierre

Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Hello everyone,
I'm new to VLC forum effective today, please excuse any of my rookie errors.
I just wanted to say I find this news of a new Vancouver Lego retail store very exciting and was hoping someone might have an idea of where the store would be located. Any ideas?
Thank you,
Bricklee
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Welcome BrickLee :) Yes its certainly VERY exciting news!! Our club may be growing bigger as a result from the looks of it! ;)

I've some ideas/discussion for where the new store could be..

Metrotown- I think unlikely due to the Toys-R-US there
Oakridge- no Lego merchandise around that area I know of.. but I dont know how viable the location would be.. low people traffic?
Richmond- a possibility since its got a lot people traffic and better access now.. I don't know the area at all though.. I know they have a TRU at one of their large malls..
Downtown - I think, is a great choice since Downtown is very touristy and a Lego store would be an attraction in itself

All speculation on my part though :)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Thank you Roger, I'm happy to join in. Speaking of joining in...I would like to come to the next available meeting and earn my membership if possible. Are you able to provide me with the details. Thank you, Lee.
Bricklee
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

The next meeting is tomorrow night, sorry for the short notice. If you want we can have the membership director contact you to provide details.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

timtosino wrote:The next meeting is tomorrow night, sorry for the short notice. If you want we can have the membership director contact you to provide details.
A PM has been sent to Bricklee.
Pierre

Bricklee
Master Poster

Post by Bricklee »

Thank you, chump did contact me with a pm and I will be there. I'm just waiting for the details.
Bricklee
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Richmond would be a great choice, mainly because I am located in that area. :wink:
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

brankell5566 wrote:Richmond would be a great choice, mainly because I am located in that area. :wink:
The VLC meeting will be in New Westminster. PM me if you want more info and meet the requirements listed above.

[Edited for clarity: uncertain where the new Lego store will be located.]
Pierre

brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

chump wrote:
brankell5566 wrote:Richmond would be a great choice, mainly because I am located in that area. :wink:
It's in New Westminster. PM me if you want more info and meet the requirements listed above.
Would love to get more details, but I do not meet the requirements. shake I'm just going to make a guess that this store will be located at Queensbrough Landing (Boyd St.)? The one with the newly renovated Walmart, Best Buy, and other outlet/factory stores. Although it is not very convenient for me, it is not as bad as driving all the way to Coquitlam, Surrey... etc. I'm happy to hear that this store will not be located in Downtown Vancouver, very hard to find parking and it is always busy. You guys (VLC) probably gets to build all the 'Brand Ribbon' models that will be displayed in the cubbyholes at the store.

EDIT: What are some malls located in New Westminster?
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Please note that the discussion of New West relates to our meeting location not a LEGO Store. I don't think there's any viable mall in New West for a LEGO Store, Royal City Centre comes way short of being of anything of the caliber LEGO stores are located in nor does it have the foot traffic, and I don't think LEGO would locate a store in a outdoor outlet mall either.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Thanks for the clarification Tim. I was going to hive off this topic from the main one and ended up getting confused myself. Sorry Brankell for some reason I thought you were hoping our meeting was goin to be in Richmond. As Tim says, New West is unlikely and we don't have special advanced knowledge.
Pierre

Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

You know you spend to much time on facebook when you look for the "like" button on all the comments down the page. :p rotflol Im so excited the a Lego store is finaly opening here... but, WHY RIGHT WHEN IM LEAVING????? :evil: This will mean I have yet another reason to visit though.. :wink:
They called me loser... I called me BrickStar
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

You guys fooled me there... Haha. I actually thought you guys we'd saying the LEGO Store will be located in New West.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

brankell5566 wrote:You guys fooled me there... Haha. I actually thought you guys we'd saying the LEGO Store will be located in New West.
Yeah... this is the reason countplatypus doesn't like to go off topic, which I routinely do.
Pierre

Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

SpEak of the devil and he shall appear. I haven't read many topics. In weeks but I read one.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

I think I would've been more excited last year when my kids started getting into it and I still am, on some level, but I suspect I'll still be buying most of mine in the States. The price differential is just too great and TRU-USA seemingly has a BOGO50 every other week especially around this time of year.

I just find it very difficult to swallow the .CA prices.

Having said that... I'm sure my family will be popping by often :) I'm also pretty sure it'll be in a premium location... for a few good minutes there I was wondering where the heck in New Westminster they would put this store! Hehehehe