Today I bought...

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Today I bought...

Post by chump »

I normally don't see the point of these threads but for some reason feel compelled to make one. Perhaps a wall of shame or pride or "forgive me (insert name of spouse)", I just bought.... List whatever Lego or related purchases (bricklink, craigslist, ebay, S@H) you care to share or admit.

Was down in the States today and since their MSRP is like -20%. I figured I'd buy a small set I haven't seen here. Probably haven't looked hard enough

A Ninjago Nya game blister pack. (still way overpriced)
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Re: Today I bought...

Post by Arct3ryx »

My nephew is now into Ninjago as well... is it something like a collectible card game except with Ninjago minifigs? Haven't really looked into it, I do like the minifig of the wise ninja master...
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I probably should have just bought the fig off of bricklink, but she's so purty. Now that I've got a spinner, we should probably give a crack at playing it. Maybe not with my newly acquired Nya figure

Anyways, please all feel free to contribute to this thread, what you bought today or any day.
Pierre

MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

Those Ninjago spinner figs are so addictively cute! I bought my Nya at Walmart (locally). When I was last at Bellevue, I picked up the Sensie Wu one :-)

Did not buy anything today, but I did build a chicken coop (i.e., Hen House) for my eldest. After we cracked open the Mill Raid several days ago, we've now got Lego chickens on the loose, which needed a home. Given that the bulk of my stuff is still in boxes, I was quite pleased with what I was able to cobble together :-)
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

The Mill Raid looks great... is it recommended with two thumbs up?
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

Did the quickie trip into Bellingham on Sunday morning and was disappointed there weren't any interesting sets at Fred Meyer or Target on sale. Came back empty handed. Only thing I bought Lego related is a big roll of shelf liner to cover my new 8 foot MDF countertop spreading across my 7 sets of plastic drawers (all of which contain Lego).
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

Arct3ryx wrote:The Mill Raid looks great... is it recommended with two thumbs up?
2 Thumbs Up if you can acquire it at the US MSRP ($70 USD). It is a bit steep in Canadian dollars. That being said, the minifigs and the farm animals are superb - a required addition to any medieval collection. The buildings are also well done. If you can fit it in your budget, it's well worth it :-)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

MisterOwl wrote:Those Ninjago spinner figs are so addictively cute! I bought my Nya at Walmart (locally). When I was last at Bellevue, I picked up the Sensie Wu one :-)
Was the Sensei Wu Spinner more expensive with the weapons pack? Cool that it has on each of those purple and green force wave thingies. I just see on Brickset that new spinner ones are coming up and that Fire Temple looks pretty sweet but has an updated Sensei Wu in it.

Damn... and I wasn't going to do Ninjago.
Pierre

RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Didnt buy a single Lego item over the Long Weekend!! :shock:
We were away camping at Hornby Island though :)
Is the Post Office strike over yet? I want to order some long black bricks soon
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

chump wrote:
MisterOwl wrote:Those Ninjago spinner figs are so addictively cute! I bought my Nya at Walmart (locally). When I was last at Bellevue, I picked up the Sensie Wu one :-)
Was the Sensei Wu Spinner more expensive with the weapons pack? Cool that it has on each of those purple and green force wave thingies. I just see on Brickset that new spinner ones are coming up and that Fire Temple looks pretty sweet but has an updated Sensei Wu in it.

Damn... and I wasn't going to do Ninjago.
Yeah it was a bit more expensive. I haven't ripped it open yet. I just buy and hoard the silly things haha! I have had a recent resurgence into Starcraft 2 so my only Lego project is upgrading the Henhouse for those adorable little chickens that came with the Mill Raid. FYI, the chickens are going for $3 a shot on Bricklink - unreal :-)
tukac
MOC Poster

Post by tukac »

Postal workers were legislated back to work. I got three outstanding brick link orders all in one day, as well as the replacement gold coins (yet no gold bars) from my POTC sets that lego sent me all in the same day last week. :)

My girlfriend and I were at the Lego store in Calgary on Wednesday. I caved and bought TWO of the Medieval Market Village sets. Full retail kinda sucked but since it will no longer be around shortly and almost no sales tax, I was still happy to buy them. Elaine and I promptly built one of them once we got back from our trip. XD The ASM at the lego store told me after I grabbed them that he was surprised when these few sets they had came in since he thought the previous shipment was supposed to be the last they were getting.

I also filled a pick-a-brick cut to capacity. I managed to squeeze 416 pieces into that cup and only 39 of them were 1x1 plate. XD
What this town needs is more love bricks.
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

tukac wrote:Postal workers were legislated back to work. I got three outstanding brick link orders all in one day, as well as the replacement gold coins (yet no gold bars) from my POTC sets that lego sent me all in the same day last week. :)

My girlfriend and I were at the Lego store in Calgary on Wednesday. I caved and bought TWO of the Medieval Market Village sets. Full retail kinda sucked but since it will no longer be around shortly and almost no sales tax, I was still happy to buy them. Elaine and I promptly built one of them once we got back from our trip. XD The ASM at the lego store told me after I grabbed them that he was surprised when these few sets they had came in since he thought the previous shipment was supposed to be the last they were getting.

I also filled a pick-a-brick cut to capacity. I managed to squeeze 416 pieces into that cup and only 39 of them were 1x1 plate. XD
Hmmm, maybe it's time to fill a Bricklink order to get me some more chickens!!!

The MMV is a spectacular set. I also bought 2 of them, but did it quite a while ago (got mine in Bellevue - no sale although the exchange rate and the US/CAN pricing was in my favor). One of them is opened up but the other is still sealed. The cows are great!

Yes, yes, I have this obsession with barnyard animals :-)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

MisterOwl wrote:Yes, yes, I have this obsession with barnyard animals :-)
Spoken like a true VLC member. Now if only we can convince you ditch the daughters every once in a while and come out and play with us!
Pierre

MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

chump wrote:
MisterOwl wrote:Yes, yes, I have this obsession with barnyard animals :-)
Spoken like a true VLC member. Now if only we can convince you ditch the daughters every once in a while and come out and play with us!
Yeah, the last several months have been absolutely insane. I did have a blast at the last (and inaugural) meeting that I attended - the bunny build was a hoot :-)

Mister Owl does plan on making a return!
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Post by kennymatic »

Arct3ryx wrote:The Mill Raid looks great... is it recommended with two thumbs up?
I'll also have to vouch for the Mill Raid. Great villager figs and animals of course. The barn is also great. My only complaint is that the mill is a tad on the short side.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

chump wrote:Now that I've got a spinner, we should probably give a crack at playing it.
Quoting oneself for context. But if we're going to play, we're going to need...... more power.

http://www.mocpages.com/moc.php/256447
Pierre

kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Post by kennymatic »

Oh, and to stick to the topic - on the weekend my sister managed to pick up a World Racers: Gator Swamp for me from Bellevue for $30 USD. Much better than the $55 CAD MSRP.