Younger Member Inquiry

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

nonerightnow

Younger Member Inquiry

Post by nonerightnow »

I would like to know if the VLC would accept a 10 year old to join(The ten year old being me, and I just LOVE lego, but i'm kinda low on bricks right now) If you know please either email me at dude_i_am_canadian@hotmail.com or post here.
Dj_Max
Master Poster

Post by Dj_Max »

I am sorry, but as you may or may not know, the VLC accepts memberships only if you are 15 years or older.

You can certainly continue watching the forums here, and join in on the many conversations, and attend the events, but unfortunately, we cannot accept membership under our established age quota.

Thanks for your interest.

Marc,
VLC President
Cheers!

Marc B
VLC President 2005-06
VLC Archivist 2004-05
8)
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Hello! I've posted here a few times - I'm 15 years old but. I'm wondering, do you ever do anything on the island in Victoria or anything? Because I'm on the North end of the island. I found this site from LUGNET guide thing (Not sure what to call it) but unfortunately it's seems exclusively Vancouver. (And surrounding mainland area)

Just wondering. Because I'd love to be able to talk to anyone about lego for real and show my stuff in real. :)
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

J1A3L5 wrote:Hello! I've posted here a few times - I'm 15 years old but. I'm wondering, do you ever do anything on the island in Victoria or anything? Because I'm on the North end of the island. I found this site from LUGNET guide thing (Not sure what to call it) but unfortunately it's seems exclusively Vancouver. (And surrounding mainland area)

Just wondering. Because I'd love to be able to talk to anyone about LEGO® for real and show my stuff in real. :)
There is a Victoria club. Check that same club finder and you should see the VicLug.
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

J1A3L5 wrote:do you ever do anything on the island in Victoria or anything? Because I'm on the North end of the island.
Well, Kevin's in Powell River ;-)

There's James in Victoria (train guy who hangs out here sometimes), and I think a few others there, but I don't know any names.

So far, the VLC has done nothing on the island, but it has been talked about several times. All it takes is a reason to be there, the people to do it, and the will to make it happen.

Where do you live again (if you mentioned it before)? When I was a kid, I lived in Esperanza for a few years (just a few miles down the channel from Zeballos, a town whose name everyone knows now ...), and went to school in Tahsis.

Robin
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Ah, okay, I'm just wondering. I live in a town called Port McNeill. If you lived in Zeballos you might have heard of it. Probably. It's about 30 minutes South from Port Hardy.
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

well you can always join too . which get you access to the rest of the furoms and then get all the juicy inside stuff . We also have several shows as well . When you are a member you are always encoruaged to take part in discussions about bricks and all things lego ! Also if you wanted to contribute for a show , IE a moc or something , the mail system make this possible ! ( make sure its got lost of packing paper , in ziplocs and have instructions . just in case :)

With $10 CDN you get a email address at vlc.ca which can be a redirecting address as well. Also access to the furoms. Plus when you are in town you are welcome to attend meetings , drafts and other activities !
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Thanks for the offer - I've always wondered what is inside the forum. But I am never in Vancouver - Only passing through very rarely. Victoria fairly often though. That's why I specifically asked there. I don't think I'll join, although I wish I could access the rest of the areas on the forum. Oh well. It's just nice to talk to people in my part of the world. :lol:

Could I ask what sorts of other 'activities' you do?

And sorry if I'm hijacking this thread. I could start another if you wish.
kevinw1
MOC Poster

Post by kevinw1 »

As Robin mentioned, I'm in Powell River. I sometimes pass through Courtenay/Comox on my way down to Victoria, but it sounds like you're pretty much out in the wilds :) If you ever get over to PR let me know.

Kevin
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Actually I've never been on the mainland that far North. On the ocean I mean. If that made sorry. :? So no, I've never been to Powell River and I don't see any reason why I would be really - Where I go really relies on where my parents go right now. So Victoria often - Family there. So passing through everything between here and there once every few months generally. Sometimes more often. (Campbell River, Courtney/Comox, Naniamo, etc) I figure with the new highway I'm about 5-6 hours up from Victoria.

So I'm afraid I won't be going there anytime soon. I'd love to be able to join and make it to some stuff but I'm afraid right now it relies on my parents. Anyway, I'll keep posting here I think. :lol:
fantasytrain
MOC Poster

Post by fantasytrain »

I'm going to be moving to Prince George, but will always be on these forums. I'm an avid scuba diver and Port McNeil/Telegraph Cove happens to be my favorite dive area in BC.

I'll look you up when I go diving in that area again.

Rob W.