bellvue lego grand opening JULY 10th/04

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Andrew
Brick Overlord

bellvue lego grand opening JULY 10th/04

Post by Andrew »

Hi all, just Andrew wishing some more of us could have been down there in bellvue for the opening .It was so good we went there twice in one day.Cloud city's,at-at's(I finally bought one),and star destroyers all in old grey,all in shop at home us prices I believe.They had some old light and dark grey 1x4's,2x2's,in the pic a brick.lots of basic bricks,some in different colours ,steel blue,orange,trans green,trans blue and red,beige pink,purple,some harry potter light blue,black 4x8 plates,red and yellow 4x8 plates,black picket fences.black hatch fences,steering wheels,certain roof bricks and lots of shop at home exclusive sets.
For the pick a brick,you can buy 2 sizes,small 6.95/large 12.95(big gulp size about).paul and I met alot of the seattle guys there,Gary even offered us to come to the sealug meeting that day ,crash at his place for the night then go to the train show sunday in seattle. but we declined the offer.It's rather challenging to cram as much brick into these cups,square peg into round hole?The first time we arrived I guess I was a little too excited ,we took one of my cups and rearranged it and probalygot another 3rd space in it for brick.When we went back at 7pm we carefully took the time to snap bricks together basically making a solid core then stuffing smaller bricks down the sides.more brick for the US buck.I ended up purchasing 10 large cups of pab.
their was alot of other stuff to see as well.they had swords and foam helmuts for kids,salt a pepper shakers that look like big 1x1's,board games,some models on display (the new falcon,wright bros.plane).they also had some miniland displays of figs under glass(cop pulling over biker with girl in mini skirt,cool!,a beach scene with bikini clad people,very funny! Sorry I could n't find my camera before we went down.I'm sure somebody has pitcures up .The train show was great as well,about 10 times the size of cameron center.take care for now andrew
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Coincidentally, my sister also went down to the US for the day on Saturday, but I didn't know how far south she'd go. I was eating dinner that night when she called me and said "I'm at the LEGO store and they have a whole wall of bulk bricks - do you want anything?!" :wow:

Of course I wanted stuff, but she wouldn't know how to check the colours and come on, Pick a Brick is a personal affair!!

So I just asked her to get me a Spiderman keychain.

That night, she gave me the keychain, and a surprise: a plush minifigure! (not my pics though) You can move his arms but not his legs. Too bad cuz he'd look so cute sitting down!

I must go one of these weekends...

-Bryan
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Woot! I actually had contacted the mall about when it would open - Sometime in the next few weeks I hope to get down there. We have a friend of the family in Bellingham and my dad has to go to Tacoma while we're down there, and he said we could stop in at the store. :)

Pick-A-Brick is the best part to me - I have a question. With the three different size containers is the highest one a better value or are they all about even value?
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

I had a chance to go to Bellevue this Sunday. The only thing I was interested in was the Pick a Brick, and they did have a few pieces in the old greys. Most notably:

1x4x2 lt grey fence
2x2 dk grey brick
2x4 lt grey brick
2x8? lt grey brick
1x10? or 1x12? light grey technic brick

They even had 1x4 dk & lt grey bricks too (which I really wanted), but it was high up on the wall and the associate said that those were for display only. Eventually they would rotate the stock so I can come back later. Fine. Then he added that there are duplicates of the ones up there down below anyway. Don't BS me, why would I ask you about them if they were available below?! :evil:

I ended up buying 2 large cups - each filled with 159 old light grey 2x4 bricks, with 20 grey fences and 18 black 1x2 technic bricks shoved into the empty spaces. I'm gonna periodically call to ask if they have the 1x4 bricks available...
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Gumby wrote:I had a chance to go to Bellevue this Sunday. The only thing I was interested in was the Pick a Brick, and they did have a few pieces in the old greys. Most notably:

1x4x2 lt grey fence
2x2 dk grey brick
2x4 lt grey brick
2x8? lt grey brick
1x10? or 1x12? light grey technic brick

They even had 1x4 dk & lt grey bricks too (which I really wanted), but it was high up on the wall and the associate said that those were for display only. Eventually they would rotate the stock so I can come back later. Fine. Then he added that there are duplicates of the ones up there down below anyway. Don't BS me, why would I ask you about them if they were available below?! :evil:

I ended up buying 2 large cups - each filled with 159 old light grey 2x4 bricks, with 20 grey fences and 18 black 1x2 technic bricks shoved into the empty spaces. I'm gonna periodically call to ask if they have the 1x4 bricks available...
Good on you mate. Lazy sod eh? :evil:
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

If anyone wants to see, I got some pics of it:

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=95360

I ended up blowing far more money than I should have on Pick-A-Brick there, and ended up with the following items. (Yes, I do keep a tally :) )

-----------------

Bricks:
38 – Grey 2x10 brick.

551 – Grey 2x4 brick.
111 – Green 2x4 brick.
4 – Tan 2x4 brick.
1 – Teal 2x4 brick.
1 – Lime 2x4 brick.
1 – Sand Blue 2x4 brick.
1 – Sand Green 2x4 brick.
1 – Pink 2x4 brick.

56 – Dark Grey 2x2 brick.
4 – Trans-Green 2x2 brick.
4 – Trans-Red 2x2 brick.
4 – Trans-Blue 2x2 brick.
1 – Purple 2x2 brick.

47 – Tan 1x4 brick.

Beams:
10 – Grey 10L Technic beams.

24 – Grey 8L Technic beams.

11 – Tan 2L Technic beams.
5 – Grey 2L Technic beams.

Slopes:
18 – Black 3x4 slope.

20 – Red 3x3 convex slope.

18 – Red 2x4 high ridge slope.

43 – Black 2x2 low ridge slope.

59 – Red 2x4 slope.

72 – Black 1x3 slope.
70 – Red 1x3 slope.

Miscellany:
202 – Black steering wheel, new style, handle only, not assembly.

35 – Tan 2x6 plate.

4 – Large size standard truck wheel/rim assembly. (White rim/black tire)

10 – Black Minifig Seat.
10 – White Minifig Seat.

32 – Red 1x4 railing. (Lattice)
16 – Grey 1x4 railing. (Lattice)
13 – Black 1x4 railing. (Lattice)

-----------------

I also got a promo brick for the grand opening, which was cool.

Also, all the pieces I got in the above list fit in 8 large cups, if you're wondering.