Getting excited about Brickcon yet?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

Getting excited about Brickcon yet?

Post by AC »

I don't know about the rest of you but I am getting excited about Brickcon. Looking forward to checking out what people come up with for PvC and the annual VLC brick poker game. So much to look forward to. If you have never been ask questions, if you have been share your favourite moments. :D
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Re: Getting excited about Brickcon yet?

Post by Bricksky »

VLC Brick Poker game?
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

We buy a cup of Lego from the pick a brick wall, assign the different bricks a value, then play poker. :D
Oh, almost forgot, we share stores like the Surrey banjo player.
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

DUELING BANJO'S music is our poker theme song, :wink:
Diana
Master Poster

Post by Diana »

I am super excited about Brickcon as well. The upcoming Brickcon will be my third Brickcon, but it will also be the first one for which I will attend the full 4 days. I need some advise/suggestions regarding the accommodation issue though. I am considering a few options:
1. Stay with my friends near Bellevue and drive to Seattle every day (30 minutes one way). Then find parking near the Seattle Centre.
2. Stay at a B & B in the Queen Anne area and take a bus (20 minutes one way) to the Con every morning.
3. Stay at Maxwell Hotel (their rate seems to be pretty reasonable) and walk to Brickcon every morning (if I can find another girl to share a room with me).
Any feedback or suggestions?
Diana
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

I've been excited since October 7th, 2012...

Diana, I highly recommend staying at a hotel nearby (See my post in the other BrickCon thread on Hampton versus Maxwell). Of course, this depends on how much you want to see the rest of Seattle, and how much of a party person you want to be! Most are not interested in having to make a long trek home after a drunken speed build, (or in VLC's case, lego poker...)

Regardless of which after-hours festivities you partake in, BrickCon generally a morning-to-bedtime event.

-John.