LEGO The Simpsons House (71006)

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

LEGO The Simpsons House (71006) Revealed
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-the-sim ... -revealed/

So you gonna buy this one when it becomes available? or not?
chump
Element God

Re: LEGO The Simpsons House (71006)

Post by chump »

That's pretty cool! Wonder if it'll have interiors?
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

chump wrote:That's pretty cool! Wonder if it'll have interiors?
I think so, since the house opens up similar to the modulars.

I'm guessing this will be about $250 CAD?
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Talking with Troy today at the Lego store.
That Lego is doing a secret release on January 17, he couldn't tell me what. But said its a licensed set,
And there is only one set so far in the series. So I will say that the house will be for sale then. And Troy said he have the mystery set in stock.
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Hamslice wrote:Talking with Troy today at the Lego store.
That Lego is doing a secret release on January 17, he couldn't tell me what...
Interesting. and at over 2500 pieces, I expect this one is gonna be quite expensive too... :(
Claybricks
MOC Poster

Post by Claybricks »

Well I'm really happy Lego made the house modular. I hope they make a modular of Abu's Kwik-E-Mart.
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

chump wrote:That's pretty cool! Wonder if it'll have interiors?
The Answer is Yes...
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I didn't notice the piece count and the inset picture on the front, but the back photo, wow! I mean, the house isn't all that much too look at, but as a whole house being offered by LEGO, it's pretty cool.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

I am now wondering if this is actually what will be offered as these are not official LEGO images (ie they were leaked). Why not start with some smaller sets? And ya, why is Flanders being included with the Simpsons house? Why not include Santa's little helper instead? And the car doesn't look that impressive... I'd think the car would be separate, maybe in a smaller separate set?

However it turns out, it's sure to be an interesting new line for Lego.
Last edited by Bricksky on Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Since when does Homer Carry a Briefcase :P Maybe his brother Herb did.... Trying to figure out what room goes where also reminds me of the Christmas Special this year where Marge said their house is weird in way there's a room off the dining room that sometimes is or isn't there. Maybe Flanders comes with the Simpson's house since most of his garage is in Homer's garage already.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

I was wondering this too, most series that come out start with smaller sets.
Then when it does good they roll out the big collector sets, like Star Wars and lord of the rings.
I'm really hoping this isn't a one off set. It's also still kinda shocking that Lego would get Simpson rights. It doesn't fit there company policy really.
azaksir
MOC Poster

Post by azaksir »

From http://www.thebrickfan.com

LEGO Announces Partnership With 20th Century Fox
Posted on January 8, 2014 by Allen "Tormentalous" Tran

As we mentioned earier in the official reveal of the LEGO The Simpsons House (71006), LEGO has come to an agreement to partner up with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products to produce LEGO The Simpsons products. Back in September, we reported that there would be LEGO The Simpsons products coming this year and today, both parties officially announced it.

We already know that the house will be available next month for $199.99 at LEGO Stores and on Shop@Home. In May, there will also be a line of Collectible Minifigures based on the characters of the show available at all major toy retailers for $3.99 each. Finally also in May, there will be a special LEGO episode of the Simpsons on Fox that will feature the whole town of Springfield and its characters in LEGO. Check out the press release below:

The LEGO Group Announces Partnership With Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products To Launch LEGO® And THE SIMPSONS Branded Merchandise

Construction Set and Minifigure Series Based on the Popular Show Available Beginning February 2014

Products To Coincide With LEGO-Themed Simpsons Episode, Airing May 2014 on FOX

BILLUND, Denmark, Jan. 8, 2014 /PRNewswire/ — The LEGO Group today announced a new partnership with Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products to produce a construction set and licensed LEGO® minifigures inspired by the iconic television series, THE SIMPSONS. In addition, FOX is scheduled to air a special LEGO episode of THE SIMPSONS in May 2014 featuring Springfield and its cast of characters in LEGO form.

Scheduled to launch this February in LEGO stores and via the LEGO Shop at Home catalog and website, the construction set will recreate the iconic Simpsons family house in LEGO form. Also included in the LEGO and THE SIMPSONS construction set is the entire family: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa and Maggie along with neighbor Ned Flanders. A separate line of 16 LEGO THE SIMPSONS minifigures will launch in all mass toy retailers in May 2014.

“We are thrilled to collaborate with Fox during the 25th anniversary year of the Simpsons,” said Jill Wilfert, vice president licensing & entertainment at The LEGO Group. “We know our fans will love the challenge of building the Simpsons’ family home in great detail and the ability to collect quintessential characters in LEGO minifigure form will let them showcase their love of the show in a whole new way. We are also excited that THE SIMPSONS will be created in LEGO form, truly bringing this partnership to life.”

“We are kicking off the 25th anniversary of THE SIMPSONS in a big way, and we think LEGO-loving fans of the show will be impressed with this collaboration that represents the best of both iconic worlds through the LEGO and THE SIMPSONS construction set, minifigures and LEGO-themed episode,” said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products. “Our partnership with LEGO is the perfect addition to the range of product lines that will be introduced globally in celebration of this great milestone achievement in television history.”

Created by Matt Groening, THE SIMPSONS is the longest-running scripted show in TV history. Since premiering in December 1989, the series has become a cultural phenomenon, recognizable throughout the world. The show was named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine, has won 28 Emmys and its theatrical short, “The Longest Daycare,” was nominated for a 2012 Oscar.

The LEGO THE SIMPSONS house will be available February 1st in LEGO retail outlets for $199.99 (USD). The line of LEGO THE SIMPSONS minfigures will launch in May 2014 in all major toy retailers for $3.99 (USD) each.

About the LEGO Group
The LEGO Group is a privately held, family-owned company, based in Billund, Denmark. It was founded in 1932 and today the group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of play materials for children. The company is committed to the development of children’s creative and imaginative abilities through its products, which can be purchased in more than 130 countries. Visit http://www.LEGO.com

LEGO and the LEGO logo are trademarks of The LEGO Group. ©2014 The LEGO Group.

About THE SIMPSONS
The longest-running scripted show in television history, THE SIMPSONS exploded into a cultural phenomenon in 1990 and has remained one of the most groundbreaking and innovative entertainment franchises, recognizable throughout the world. Currently airing its record-annihilating 25th season and in production on their 26th season, THE SIMPSONS has won 28 Emmy Awards and been nominated for an Academy Award in 2012 for the theatrical short The Longest Daycare. The Simpsons: Tapped Out is a top grossing mobile App and has ranked number one around the world on the App Store™ charts. The Simpsons Movie had worldwide global acclaim and the revolutionary virtual coaster ride at Universal Studios Florida and Hollywood is a continuous hit, along with the new Springfield experience at Universal Studios Florida. THE SIMPSONS received a Star on The Hollywood Walk of Fame in 2000 and has been honored with five U.S. postal stamps personally designed by Matt Groening. Named the “Best Show of the 20th Century” by Time Magazine, in 2013 Entertainment Weekly named THE SIMPSONS the Greatest American Sitcom. THE SIMPSONS airs Sundays, 8:00-8:30 PM ET/PT on FOX.

THE SIMPSONS is a Gracie Films Production in association with 20th Century Fox Television. James L. Brooks, Matt Groening, and Al Jean are the Executive Producers. The Gracie Films Worldwide Brand Division develops and produces the licensed content for the series. Film Roman is the animation house.

About TWENTIETH CENTURY FOX CONSUMER PRODUCTS
A division 21st Century Fox and recognized industry leader, Twentieth Century Fox Consumer Products licenses and markets properties worldwide on behalf of Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation, Twentieth Century Fox Television and Fox Broadcasting Company, as well as third party lines. The division is aligned with Twentieth Century Fox Television, the flagship studio leading the industry in supplying award-winning and blockbuster primetime television programming and entertainment content.

MEDIA CONTACTS:
Amanda Santoro, LEGO Systems, Inc
860-763-7834 / Amanda.Santoro@LEGO.com

Erin O’Brien, Fox Consumer Products
310-369-5140 / erin.obrien@fox.com

Melissa Schumer, Rogers & Cowan
310-854-8156/ MSchumer@rogersandcowan.com

SOURCE The LEGO Group

RELATED LINKS

http://www.lego.com

Today, LEGO has sent out a press release announcing The Simpsons license and has revealed the official images of The Simpsons House (71006). As we reported a few days ago, it will be released on February 1, 2014. Check out the official press release for The Simpsons House below as well as high resolution images and the designer video.

71006 The Simpsons™ House

Ages 12+ 2,523 pieces

US $199.99 – CA $229.99 – DE 199.99€ – UK £179.99 – DK 1,699.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

D’oh! The Simpsons™ House has been turned into LEGO® bricks!

Build The Simpsons™ House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more.

Recreate hilarious scenes from the classic animated TV series with The Simpsons™ House. Taken right out of Springfield, this amazing model is crammed with tons of LEGO® brick detail. Lift off the roof and open up the house to discover Homer and Marge’s big family bedroom including bed and Maggie’s crib, Bart’s room with his skateboard and Krusty the Clown poster, Lisa’s room with her favorite books, jazz poster and more, and bathroom with shower, toilet, sink and mirror. Lift off the top floor to reveal the fully-fitted kitchen with dining table, chairs, yellow and light-blue tiled floor and lots of pots, pans and other accessories. Then it’s into the living room with couch and TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, purple piano and more. Next to the house is the detachable garage, complete with workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, broom, toolbox, tools and the family car, complete with dent (because only in a LEGO world are dents a plus!), opening trunk and ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant. Step outside onto the terrace and you’ll find loads of cool items, including a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof. The Simpsons™ House is the perfect collector’s item for fans of all ages. Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders.

Includes 6 minifigures: Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, Maggie and Ned Flanders
First floor includes yellow and light-blue tiled floor, sink, oven and stove, drawers, cups, pot, pan, bowl, mixer, plates, cake tins, cutlery, dining table and 4 chairs
Living room features TV playing Itchy and Scratchy, couch, boat painting, telephone, carpet, purple piano and staircase to the second floor with family photos
Bart’s room features a bed, night lamp, desk with pin board, chair, Krusty the Clown poster, skateboard, shelves with books, radio and a cap
Marge and Homer’s bedroom features a bed, 2 side tables, Maggie’s crib and Marge’s bag
Lisa’s room features a vanity mirror with hairbrush, stool, bed, table with lamp and cup, shelves with books, magnifying glass, backpack and a jazz poster on the wall
Bathroom features a shower, toilet, sink and a mirror
Detachable garage features the family car, tools, workbench, tool rack, vacuum cleaner, toolbox and a broom
Family car with space for 4 minifigures features a dent in the front and an opening trunk to store Homer’s suitcase and a ‘radioactive’ bar from the nuclear power plant
Outside area includes a grill, wheelbarrow and air conditioning unit with ‘Property of Ned Flanders’ decoration, sausages, 2 garden loungers, flowerpots, a shovel, 2 fruit cocktail glasses, Lisa’s camera, Bart’s skateboard ramp with ‘El Barto’ graffiti and an antenna on the roof
Can you spot all the items Homer has “borrowed” from Ned Flanders?
Remove the roof and top floor to access the different rooms inside
House is hinged in the middle for easy access
The perfect set for fans of LEGO® brick building and The Simpsons™!
The Simpsons™ House measures over 9” (23cm) high, 16” (42cm) wide and 9” (24cm) deep
azaksir
MOC Poster

Post by azaksir »

AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Not a big fan of the Simpsons so I will not be going out of my way to get any of these.
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

I think its ten years too late,although the Simpsons is still on the air I feel their popularity has waned and wonder if we'll see these sets on discount.I dont mean step on any fans of the show but I wont be buying these sets.

cheers,Andrew
Lego trains are just the best!
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

FROM LEGO STORE SITE: Simpsons™ House Coming on 1 Feb 2014 Price 229.99 CAD

Build The Simpsons™ House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more!

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/The-Simpsons ... ng=listing
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Bricksky wrote:FROM LEGO STORE SITE: Simpsons™ House Coming on 1 Feb 2014 Price 229.99 CAD

Build The Simpsons™ House with detachable roof, modular design, car with dent, the famous family couch, 6 minifigures and so much more!

http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/The-Simpsons ... ng=listing
LEGO's pricing of US vs Can seems to be slowly working in our advantage but now comes way too late (for LEGO's sake) as the Canadian Dollar Tumbles. It's interesting we only see a $30 markup on this licensed set up here. The Palace Cinema which came out last year around this time is $149.99 USD and $199.99 CAD and the Parisian Restaurant which came out this month is $159.99 US vs $189.99 CAD.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Got an email for this, indicating that the set is available for sale to VIP members (online and in-store) starting today.

Cool looking set, but I'm not in the market for one.
-Bryan
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Just curious now I've been seeing that this is labelled as a Direct to Consumer set. Does this mean it won't even be in the LEGO Store? Also is it a limited production run?
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

It has been sold in the store already. I have been told that it is wildly popular and people were getting a little crazy about getting one.