Anybody remember a video game called DOOM?

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Anybody remember a video game called DOOM?

Post by chump »

I don't often go on to Brothers Brick, but I am constantly amazed by what's on there. Not that I'd repost everything but this one caught my eye hard. The likeness is Unreal. (see what I did there.. no...okay...)

Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Claybricks
MOC Poster

Re: Anybody remember a video game called DOOM?

Post by Claybricks »

I remember playing Doom, and that model's colour scheme is almost identical. I'd like to know if they used the same technique for the monsters head, that Kieth used for his Charlie Brown figures.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

It doesn't look brick based using the Travis bricks. So I looked up the description on Flickr, as someone was bound to ask how it was built.

Jerac: "This build relies on many illegal techniques including cutting/bending flex pieces, wedging elements between other elements, non-fully-snapped connections (at angle) and few others."

But the Lowell Sphere method is a very good and useful one and one that I'd like to use more, especially when looking at stuff by Schifio. https://www.flickr.com/photos/schfio/ It'll eventually be one of the tips, I post to the Advice to Builders thread.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Wow that is crazy... brings back memories!

Check out the blood effect on the floor detailing... :shock:
-Bryan