Crazy Arms ?!?!

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Kyler
Brick Deity

Crazy Arms ?!?!

Post by Kyler »

Now here's a Kickstarter campaign that could be of interest to Lego minifigure fans.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cr ... ck-figures
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
chump
Element God

Re: Crazy Arms ?!?!

Post by chump »

I see it funded and is in the last hours of support.

Given the constraints of the LEGO minifig system, the solution is pretty cool. Having said that, from a purchasing point of view, it's way too expensive to want to make use of it. You would have to use these very sparingly. But who wouldn't want a whole row of archers.

Even if I were only to buy one to play with, I'd want at least two sets of the same colour, so that I could really maximize the poses. It'll be interesting to see photo galleries, using these arms. I would have thought they would have had a tonne more photo examples themselves.

Then it comes down to what colour. I think they chose the first five wisely, except they really should have included yellow as one of them.

Lego minifig arms are really why I find it fascinating that Brickarms does so well. There are really a limited amount of poses that one can do with Brickarms and Lego minifigs and none of them are very good. Crazy arms goes a long way to remedying that.

[most of you should stop reading here]

The only reason I got some BrickArms is because of MegaBloks Call of Duty line with their super articulated micro action figs. Their arms and legs have ball, rotation and hinge joints, sometimes all in the same joint. These figs can do probably 80% of any cool action pose that you can think of. Not that I'm a huge TMNT fan, but now that MB has it back, the ninja poses that one will be able to do with those will be pretty wicked.

Unfortunately, were LEGO to follow in the articulation of MB, it would alter the design aesthetic completely and I can't see that happening. The Crazy Arms are a good compromise that retains that aesthetic. But it's just too expensive, right now.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Kyler
Brick Deity

Re: Crazy Arms ?!?!

Post by Kyler »

chump wrote:...Then it comes down to what colour. I think they chose the first five wisely, except they really should have included yellow as one of them.
Since I wound up being one of the 400+ people who helped to help fund this campaign, I just thought I'd let you know that they got really close to their first bonus level (where they'd produce another colour) so they decided to do a sixth colour and asked supporters to vote.

You will not be surprised to hear that Yellow won by a landslide :!:

Light tan and green were neck and neck for second place, and depending on how production costs end up being, they may consider adding one or both of those colours as add-on options.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)