New Theme: Nexo-Knights!

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Bricksky
Brick Overlord

New Theme: Nexo-Knights!

Post by Bricksky »

Check it out:

http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-nexo-kn ... -con-2015/

ps. kinda reminds me of a small scale medieval "crawler town"....
Hamslice
Element King

Re: New Theme: Nexo-Knights!

Post by Hamslice »

What the hell is this garbage.
Ptrotter
MOC Poster

Post by Ptrotter »

I've seen some hints at this for a while now. Can't say as I'm a fan of those sets. I prefer real castle.
I own a bit of Lego. A little obsessive by some peoples standards.
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

In the pictures of the two sets that have been posted, has anyone else noticed the 1x1 pryamid slopes? Interesting new part... (Seems like a useful/versatile element, amongst all the other, less versatile new elements).
Rhymes with Lettuce
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

How the heck didn't we come up with the sequel to CrawlerTown 2.0 as CrawlerCastle and put it on LEGO Ideas? Darn it.. missed opportunity.

Kind of has an Ice Planet colour palette vibe to it. That oversized armoured guy is kinda cool though.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Hamslice wrote:What the hell is this garbage.
Good question. Blah.

Apart from what seems to be a cool new shape (1x1 pyramid) this is just a bunch of parts in a box (that make something?)

(I guess some who like sci-fi might be into this. Apparently this confirms that I'm (personally) more attracted to sets that resemble real life stuff.)
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
TroopaDee
Master Poster

Post by TroopaDee »

Kyler wrote:(I guess some who like sci-fi might be into this. Apparently this confirms that I'm (personally) more attracted to sets that resemble real life stuff.)
I've always liked sci-fi and I find the ideas for this theme rather silly. The only thing that caught my eye was the super big chest armor piece with different minifig arms, I don't think I've seen that before.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Maybe it has something to do with MB launching Masters of the Universe. Perhaps this is a Castle Greyskull wannabe on steroids. Okay, those dudes were probably all on steroids.
Pierre

Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

chump wrote:Maybe it has something to do with MB launching Masters of the Universe. Perhaps this is a Castle Greyskull wannabe on steroids. Okay, those dudes were probably all on steroids.
rotflol
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
mattybrick
General Poster

Post by mattybrick »

I had classic castle as a kid...stopped with lego...came back and missed the fantasy line..which I regret. Back now working on a castle moc, and town to go with it. Bricklink is eating up my bank account lol. Okay so upon first looking at this, I thought okay it has a Masters of the Universe feel..but I am not into it at all...even though I loved that show as a kid.I like classic Knights on horses, and real castles built on the ground! If they could bring back the pirate line with no mechanic futuristic looking builds..why not do a pure castle line. I am disappointed. Maybe some things are okay from the sets.. I guess lego knows what kids like...although a friend of mine had two kids..10 and 8 and they loved the lotr line..soldiers, monsters and castles is what they liked best about it. If I was a kid today and saw this, I would pass and go straight to star wars for machines and futuristic things!
mattybrick
General Poster

Post by mattybrick »

Okay...so I watched the NY comic con trailer for the show. I have a better sense of what this line is...the show looks like classic castle and the tron world combined. The Jester guy also looks like he grabbed the book of the dead from the movie the evil dead lol..and it talks to him..

I watched a video showing the mini figs. They dont look that bad...there are some great looking helmets, and face prints! There are baddies to which look great as well. The flying horse is growing on me..and I like the little flame minions. The evil book itself is a new piece with a face...I still say it is the lego version from the evil dead movies lol. For any steam punk fans...the Nexo Kingdom is populated also by robots..so there are robot knights and a chef thatI saw.
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Yup. Definitely Necronomicon ex mortis.
Pierre

AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I like the figs and the theme brings some great parts. Other than that kind of meh.