Tyler's Review of 10252 Volkswagen Beetle for FriendsBricks Blog

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Tyler's Review of 10252 Volkswagen Beetle for FriendsBricks Blog

Post by Bricksky »

I reviewed the Lego Creator set 10252 Volkswagen Beetle for Friends Bricks.

Review is posted here: http://heartlaketimes.blogspot.ca/2016/ ... eetle.html
:)
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Re: Tyler's Review of 10252 Volkswagen Beetle for FriendsBricks Blog

Post by Lettuce »

Well done! You review is making me actually consider picking up this set, whereas I was a solid "no" beforehand...
Rhymes with Lettuce
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Lettuce wrote:Well done! You review is making me actually consider picking up this set, whereas I was a solid "no" beforehand...
What a compliment!

So do I risk reading the review? :lol:
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

On the other hand, he is reviewing this drug that we're all somewhat addicted to, so it's not like it's thaaaat hard of a sell.
Rhymes with Lettuce
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

Rhymes with Lettuce
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

If only we had a little widget that tracked how many times our members have been blogged about with links to all their creations; would be both an interesting read as well as a view into the evolution of their style.
- Jason
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

Cool, looks like someone at the Brothers Brick liked this MOC too. I did not expect this one, but I'll take it. ;)

Added in 9 minutes 15 seconds:
TheRebricker wrote:If only we had a little widget that tracked how many times our members have been blogged about with links to all their creations; would be both an interesting read as well as a view into the evolution of their style.
Jason, Is their a part of your brain that says, "I must Automate Everything!"? ha ha Maybe we should have a forum topic where we can add links to blog posts, interviews, event reviews, etc, and then everyone can add things in as they find them.

Then, I would challenge you to create a script that summarizes all the links in that thread into a table with dates, title, and URL, and then sorts and posts it on the VLC home page, VLC Facebook, VLC tweet(?), etc....

It would be fantastic to have a consolidated page somewhere that summarizes which VLC related events, people, moc's, etc. that have received some external recognition, with links to that source!

chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Bricksky wrote:It would be fantastic to have a consolidated page somewhere that summarizes which VLC related events, people, moc's, etc. that have received some external recognition, with links to that source!

That was one of the projects that I had thought up in the past but also never got implemented. I think I was at DeGobbi's house looking at the BrickCon awards he's accumulated and started snapping photos of them with my iPhone. Maybe that would be great for a future meeting. Bring your LEGO award trophies in for Tyler to snap and then we can post them up.

Events is marginally done with the existing page, but that can be made much bigger.

But yes, VLC member profiles (for those that want them) is another thing that would be great to have. Tag interviews and MOCs into it.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

It may not be as complex (or fit minifigs/minidolls) but LEGO has apparently made an even smaller Beetle now.
Coming soon to European customers.
http://brickset.com/article/25820/mini- ... this-month
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

I recently discovered another builder who does some really excellent minifig scaled cars, although he tends to put a lowrider / hot wheels vibe to all of them. Still cool. His photo stream is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/johnnid/

His take on a beetle, has really nice curves: