New LEGO racers

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

TFM
Element King

New LEGO racers

Post by TFM »

I picked up two of the new lego mini racers.

Interesting. Total Megabloks knock-off. Right down to the package...

Total crap colours in each of the sets is about 6. Some worse then others.

The rims look exactly like Hotwheels rims. There are stickers (going over multi parts) and printed parts. Bacicely if the part is common it's a sicker, if it's one of the new custom parts it's painted. :evil:

8641 Flame Glider Looks cool and has the least crap colours in it.
8642 Monster Crusher Worst of the sets. Boring with lots o crap.
8643 Power Cruiser I got this one, it's cool. It has 2x 2x6 light bley plates, 2x 1x2 light bley and a 2x3 dark bley plate. You never see these plates when it's done.
8644 Street Maniac I got this set too. Most custom parts of all 4. It has a 4x4 dark bley and 4 of them corner half wall things. And a 1x2 dark bley. Annoying but not too bad. The worst is is that the custom peices are all printed.

So there you have it. Some nice parts. But over all it's a blantent rip off of MB... I can't decide if that's good or bad... :?
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

I just noticed that on my black car the paint job was pretty bad. On the windshield part is this red speckled smear.

And the blower is not in true chrome but this flat silver stuff that appears to rub off easy. It's the same stuff on the wheels.

Disappointing.

My pick so far is the yellow car. Though the orange truck has some nice orange parts. I'll grab that one tomorrow.
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.