Playbrick Wishlist

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

KenmoreThompson
MOC Poster

Playbrick Wishlist

Post by KenmoreThompson »

Hey there,

I assume that very often the play brick we see at events is a collection of cast-offs that accumulate in play-brick bins, but I'm wondering: if you had the opportunity to 'curate' some play brick for a community center or children's hospital, what would the ideal collection look like?

At the simplest/most elementary, I've been imagining 2x4 and 2x2 brick at a ratio of around 4:1 or 3:1, in 6 colours (red, orange, yellow, green, blue, dark purple), plus black and white.

How would you expand on that? What else would you incorporate?

Just looking to get some ideas in advance of a project I've been mulling over.
chump
Element God

Re: Playbrick Wishlist

Post by chump »

We sometimes bring just 2x4's of various colours out to events. It really means that the participants don't have to hunt so much, because it's only colour that they're looking for. But yeah, I think you're on the right wavelength, I would keep it to basic system brick much like the Creator boxes. The other nice thing we bring to the table is quantity, because when they have a lot of a single element then it lends itself to repetition or stacking.

And much like Creator, wheels and windows (and doors), because a lot of people like to make buildings and vehicles. So pieces that enable that kind of creativity help a lot. As well as big plates or even baseplates, as some people need a base to start building on. When they don't have wheels, everything vehicles tend to become spaceships. :)

It also comes down to what you have access to in terms of raw brick. We've supported Ronald McDonald House in this manner when the VLC had excess playbrick, but TLG no longer gives us support in that manner anymore.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.