Museum of Surrey LEGO® Contest for Show and Share Display

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

Arrow
Experienced Poster

Museum of Surrey LEGO® Contest for Show and Share Display

Post by Arrow »

In conjunction with the Fall 2023 Museum of Surrey Feature Exhibit – Everything is Still Awesome!
Children are invited to build a LEGO® creation and have it displayed at Museum of Surrey.
1. The Lego build contest will be launched September 1 and will run until September 30
at midnight.

The contest is for children aged 0- 17 in three age categories
  •  Category 1: Age 4-8

 Category 2: Age 9-12

 Category 3: Age 13-17
2. How To Enter
  •  Participants are invited to create a LEGO® creation of their imagination in LEGO® brick that has a
    maximum size of 12 inches (30.5 cm) by 12 inches (30.5cm).

 Entry in the contest is through Museum of Surrey social media only (Instagram and Facebook)
     Follow Museum of Surrey on Instagram or Facebook and tag a photo of your LEGO® build
    #museumofsurrey. You must state which age category you are entering in. A parent or guardian
    may submit on behalf of a minor, however the name and age group need to be clearly identified
    in the post. The Museum reserves the right to disqualify any submission that attempts to
    circumvent the age groups.

 Contest closes: Midnight September 30th Pacific Standard Time

 The Museum has the right to refuse entries if they are deemed inappropriate, unsafe, do not
    meet size restrictions, or are fragile.
3. Contest Judging
  •  A panel of builders from the Vancouver Community for Adult fans of LEGO® (VLC) will review all
    entries on Museum of Surrey Instagram and Facebook and will select a minimum of 24 and a
    maximum of 40 finalists. Selected LEGO® creations will be exhibited in Museum of Surrey Show
    and Share display from October 10 – December 22, 2023. Finalists will be notified by September
    25th with entries to be dropped off at the Museum by October 3rd for installation in the display.
    Winners will be announced at Museum of Surrey Fall exhibit opening, October 19, 2023.

 All finalists (and guardians) whose LEGO creations were selected for display in Show and Share
    will be invited to Museum of Surrey’s Fall Exhibit Opening event October 19th at 6:30pm where
    winners will be announced. Winners not in attendance will be contacted by email.
4. A single winner will be selected in each age category along with 2 honorable mentions for a total
of 3 winners, and 6 honorable mentions. An engraved LEGO® memento will be gifted to all
finalists.

5. The Vancouver Community for Adult fans of LEGO®) will supply prizes to winners. Each prize will
consist of a LEGO® set valued as follows:
  • Category First Prize Honorable Mention/Runner Up

4-8 MSRP $40 / MSRP $14

9-12 MSRP $50 / MSRP $14

13-17 MSRP $50 / MSRP $20

All finalists selected for display Participation prize value $4
MSRP: Manufacturers Suggested Retail Price

6. LEGO® creations selected for display must be picked up within 30 days of the end of the
exhibition (By January 22, 2024). Any creations that have not been picked up by this time will be
disposed of.

7. “LEGO is a trademark of the LEGO Group of companies which does not sponsor, authorize or
endorse this event.”
Sean J
JamesH
Master Poster

Re: Museum of Surrey LEGO® Contest for Show and Share Display

Post by JamesH »

Sounds fun. My wife will pass on the information to her class. Is there no height limit?
Snowy
MOC Poster

Post by Snowy »

Should be a 12in height limit
seedfragrant
New Poster

Post by seedfragrant »

I missed this one, though this sounds like an incredibly exciting and creative opportunity for young LEGO enthusiasts! I appreciate the detailed information provided for the LEGO build contest at the Museum of Surrey's Fall 2023 Feature Exhibit, "Everything is Still Awesome!" The guidelines are clear, and it's wonderful to see such inclusive age categories.

As a parent, I'm thrilled to share this with my child and encourage them to participate for the coming year of 2024. The fact that the Vancouver Community for Adult fans of LEGO (VLC) will be involved in the judging process adds an extra layer of authenticity and expertise to the event.

I'm particularly impressed with the effort to involve the community in the selection process and the recognition of participants through the engraved LEGO mementos. The prizes offered by VLC also seem like a fantastic incentive for the budding builders.

Looking forward to the unveiling of the selected LEGO creations at the Museum of Surrey's Fall Exhibit Ending on December 19, 2023! Kudos to the Museum for organizing such a fun and engaging event. My family and I are eager to be a part of it.

Thank you for sharing these details, and we can't wait to see the creativity that unfolds during the contest!

#museumofsurrey #LEGOcontest #creativekids