VLC Announces Their Upcoming Train Display in Chilliwack, BC

A place for people at large to discuss items of interest with other people and members of the VLC.

Moderator: VLC Directors

xandria
MOC Poster

VLC Announces Their Upcoming Train Display in Chilliwack, BC

Post by xandria »

Vancouver, BC Canada -- October 12, 2005

The Vancouver LEGO® Club will be exhibiting a Wild West themed display that will appeal to the most discerning of Cowboy & Indians enthusiasts. Ride along side the LEGO® trains through numerous activity scenes circa late 19th century at the Mt Cheam Lions Club Model Railroad and Hobby Show in Chilliwack, BC this weekend.

The Vancouver LEGO® Club's entire display of 25 feet by 5 feet, constructed from LEGO® elements, features DCC controlled trains travelling through Indian inhabited territory, Wild West villages and a turn of the century San Francisco-like town.

Search for some amusing inspirational pieces like a flying machine. Watch Indians herd bison over a jump. What can you find in the massive ravine, topped with two five foot trestle bridges? There's a fort, stage coaches, wagons of settlers, paddlewheel boats and much more! Buildings are meticulously detailed -- the town church is even adorned with stained glass.

Displaying on Saturday and Sunday, October 15 & 16, 2005 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM at Chilliwack Heritage Park, Exit 116 from Hwy #1. Admission for the entire event is $5 per adult, $12 per family with children under 10 free when accompanied by an adult.

About The Vancouver LEGO® Club:
The Vancouver LEGO® Club comprises of adult collectors from the lower mainland, all sharing a love of "The Toy of the Century". They meet regularly to exchange ideas, inspirations, and of course, LEGO® bricks and sets. Club members enjoy building and displaying their own creations, for each other, and at various public events. Membership is $10 per year, and open to LEGO® enthusiasts 15 years of age and older.

Club Contact Information:
Alexandria Carstens, 604-264-8665, alex@vlc.ca, http://www.vlc.ca
Photos of the Wild West layout available upon request

Additional LEGO® Information:
http://www.LEGO.com - Official LEGO® Web Site
Xandria

I enable, therefore I am
(yes, I am that person your parents warned you about)