1 x 16 technic beams

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

Graham
MOC Poster

1 x 16 technic beams

Post by Graham »

Hey guys, i am looking at building the gantry for a show in the future. Does anyone have any 1x16 technic beams they would be willing to part with for free/cheap? I'd be even open to 1x15 liftarms as well. I don't care what color, as i can make a color scheme to suit. I have looked on Bricklink for parts, however people don't seem to have more than 10 at a reasonable price.

Was there items like this at PaB?

Thanx,

Graham
who
MOC Poster

Post by who »

when checking bricklink, look for highest quantity, and email anyone who is close in price to what you want to pay and ask if they can offer a discount.

i just went to bricklink, and from what i saw, .50 is as good as you can get at the moment for any amount over 50 pieces, there were a few people in that price range, if you click on lowest price, you`ll notice there are not many people who have 10 or more for less than .40 each.

you could always combine two shorter ones with 1 x by ? plate on top and bottom, 1 x 8 technic are much more plentyfull.

who.
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

Thanx who for those tips. I did a search and decided i would just get a set instead of buying them piece-meal :)

Graham
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

PAB did have 1 x 10 new light grey technic bricks at one time .They also might of had 1 x 16's in black a while ago.

Andrew :wink:
03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

I have a ton of yellow 1x16 and another large quantity of black. However I am glad you found what you needed. I couldn't decide whether I should offer them to you or not. Now I don't have to. :)

I always find it hard to part with LEGO, even the broken pieces.
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

Well, i understand how you feel on the selling thing. If you do decide to lighten your load of those 1x16 beams, let me know. I know i can put them to good use. :)

Graham
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Pick a Brick is the best bet. I know I have seen 1x8 and 1x10 there for sure. Like Who, I also think I have seen 1x16s as well. With those new green bins you could easily fit hundreds of pieces into a bin nd get them at a good price. Call the LEGO store and ask if they have any or know if they are getting any. They are really helpful and will let you know what they have (coming).
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)