Anyone seriously interested in a large Technic collection?

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Anyone seriously interested in a large Technic collection?

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

Well... I spent a lot of money last week. Those Boxing Day Sales, I probably should have stayed away. Anyways I am contemplating selling off my entire collection. It is most Technic, most sets and/or parts dating from the late 70's to the early 00's.

I have some very hard to find Dacta Technic sets that are mint included in this too. Also there is all of my childhood 80's Town sets and 4.5v trains. If anyone was seriously interested I am thinking $3500+. That's just a number off the top of my head, it could be too much or it could be too little I don't know. I'd have to crunch some numbers but if you have that much money to spend and you're serious come by for a look.
03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

Any offers even? I don't want to sell my collection but I need some good cold hard cash.
Attachments
More LEGO here, mostly town, train, baseplates, figures, etc.
More LEGO here, mostly town, train, baseplates, figures, etc.
Dacta Storage containers, some MISB.
Dacta Storage containers, some MISB.
Sorted LEGO by color and type.  Mostly Technic.
Sorted LEGO by color and type. Mostly Technic.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I'd love to build up my Technic collection but a number like $3500 scares me away. I could spend 300-500 if I really felt motivated, but more that and it starts to feel crazy. I'm sure I'll spend more in the course of a year, but it feels better when it goes slowly. :-)

Why don't you break it down into type piles? Box of motors and gears for $__, bunch of Dacta sets for $___, pneumatic parts for $__. Make it easy for us to bite pieces off, if you want to sell it.

David
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
03SilveradoLS
Experienced Poster

Post by 03SilveradoLS »

I know... I'd feel the same way as a buyer. The real problem is that I don't want to sell it. It would be easier and less emotionally destructive if the LEGO just suddenly disappeared. Listing it individually would be very easy to do in theory but mentally it would be akin to torture.
who
MOC Poster

Post by who »

i understand and know how you feel.

who.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

have you thought more about your price ? I would be into drafting it with others If enough people were in to make the price reasonable. that likely won't happen at 3500, but maybe at s lesser price.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

I would feel similar to what who felt in parting with a lego collection. I know i would love the technic parts, etc, however the budget doesn't allow for $3500 worth of lego :(

Graham
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

Are you still up for selling some technic pieces? I am soon in the market for some as my crane project keeps absorbing items like wires, motors, etc.

Graham
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

Hi,

I think it would have to be a one shot deal. It's too hard to part with otherwise.

Dan
Graham
MOC Poster

Post by Graham »

Yeah i figured as much, however no harm in asking.

By the way, alot of the pcs i needed for my crane i now have, so i guess my last post doesn't apply as much. On the other hand i guess i am always in the market for more bricks though like others in this club :)
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

:)

I tell you I don't know if I am coming or going... I just ordered another $300 in parts from bricklink. Deep down I am hoping they don't invoice me. If only I could win the lottery.. I would just stay home and play LEGO haha!