bulk plates for sale

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

soundwave
Brick Deity

bulk plates for sale

Post by soundwave »

we have been contacted by a member from the Edmonton Lego Club.
He has offered us the following:
8 x 16 green baseplates (Peeron 3865)
16 x 16 green baseplates (Peeron 3867)
for $1.50 for one of each (sold in equal quantities)

and 8 x 16 Dark bluish Grey Bricks for .85 each (Peeron 4204)

all pieces are new and there is up to 800 of each available.
He could not advise where they came from.
He will accept Paypal and ship at cost.
He only wants to deal with 1 person so we would have to combine our purchases.
I spoke to him on the phone but I have never met this person (Fred)
Apparently both Edmonton and the Calgary clubs have already purchased their share.

does anybody know any Edmonton members?
anybody heading there anytime soon?

we can discuss this at the upcpming meeting as well.
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Re: bulk plates for sale

Post by Jonathan S. »

Is there a deadline for when he is not accepting orders?

ETA: And is it $1.50 for a 16x16 AND a 8x16? Or just 1.50 each?
They called me loser... I called me BrickStar
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

while supplies last i suppose.
1.50 for both.
Shane Weckstrom

Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

soundwave wrote:while supplies last i suppose.
1.50 for both.
Great! If he has some left after we order the series 4 figs, I will order as many base plates as I can!
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Alright cool, put me down for 10 pairs ($15.00)

Nope sorry I don't know any Edmonton Club members etc

Cheers!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
cvc1968
General Poster

Post by cvc1968 »

Brand new to this board, looking for lego for our son's preschool
If still available I would like to buy 10 sets
thanks
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Hi cvc and welcoem to the VLC Forum.

I'll take 20 sets.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

has anyone checked BL prices?
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

OK, check out Bricklink seller wiedem at http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?sID= ... D=20806396.
Exact same items/prices/quantities as those offered by your mystery Edmonton club member except in US dollars which is less than the Canadian dollar right now. Same person/source?

I have a house guest coming in from Calgary next week too! Hmm... Potential for free shipping if that store will accept local pickup.

*** Update: Ooops my mistake, he is in Edmonton. Same person though as I have received contact. Wonder if my guest will drive up to Edmonton for me, just a few hours. :)
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

nice find Beethead. it is the same person. My contact's name is Fred Wiedemeyer. With a Bricklink store named Wiedem, I think it is a safe bet. I do feel better seeing his high seller feedback. I dont really see a huge advantage in coordinating other people's orders and money unless we are get a better deal than online or if the club decides to order a large amount. The only advantage I see is the possible savings on combined shipping. If we can get Beethead's friend or if someone else has a contact and we can avoid shipping then we can place a single order. Otherwise it may be best to defer people to his bricklink store where people can add additional items to their order. let's discuss this at our meeting next friday.

When is your friend coming, Beethead?
Shane Weckstrom

beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

soundwave wrote:nice find Beethead. it is the same person. My contact's name is Fred Wiedemeyer. With a Bricklink store named Wiedem, I think it is a safe bet. I do feel better seeing his high seller feedback. I dont really see a huge advantage in coordinating other people's orders and money unless we are get a better deal than online or if the club decides to order a large amount. The only advantage I see is the possible savings on combined shipping. If we can get Beethead's friend or if someone else has a contact and we can avoid shipping then we can place a single order. Otherwise it may be best to defer people to his bricklink store where people can add additional items to their order. let's discuss this at our meeting next friday.

When is your friend coming, Beethead?
She's coming in on the 16th but it may not be worth the drive from Calgary to Edmonton and back because Canada Post's online rate finder estimates a 45x35x30 cm box weighing 5 KG sent regular parcel (cheapest) from Edmonton (T5A 0A1) to my house will be around $20. That size of a box should easily fit 100+ sets (8x16 and 16x16) which is just under 4 KG. Unless you know someone coming from Edmonton, Canada Post seems to be the cheapest solution.
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

beethead wrote:
She's coming in on the 16th but it may not be worth the drive from Calgary to Edmonton and back because Canada Post's online rate finder estimates a 45x35x30 cm box weighing 5 KG sent regular parcel (cheapest) from Edmonton (T5A 0A1) to my house will be around $20. That size of a box should easily fit 100+ sets (8x16 and 16x16) which is just under 4 KG. Unless you know someone coming from Edmonton, Canada Post seems to be the cheapest solution.

I think I might get in on this order, instead of a case of series 4 figs.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Jonathan S. wrote:I think I might get in on this order, instead of a case of series 4 figs.
Why a case?

Why not just 20? In your position I wouldnt pass up getting a set with the club because the price is really hard to beat per fig. Also the series figs are only available a limited time- then after that you're SOL eh?

Just my 2 cents
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Jonathan S.
Master Poster

Post by Jonathan S. »

RadStar wrote:
Jonathan S. wrote:I think I might get in on this order, instead of a case of series 4 figs.
Why a case?

Why not just 20? In your position I wouldnt pass up getting a set with the club because the price is really hard to beat per fig. Also the series figs are only available a limited time- then after that you're SOL eh?

Just my 2 cents
Oh I'm still want series 4 figs, just not a case. And if all goes as it is, I wont have money to get anything. I am not going to get my hopes up for anything right now, but any money I get before the 19 (having no steady intake of money) will go to series 4.
Captain Pike
MOC Poster

Post by Captain Pike »

I'll take 20 pairs of green plates. Not interested the purple brick.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I just checked BL and there are two other sellers in Canada with the same price. one in Alberta, one in Ontario. There is a fellow with cheaper plates in the US, but they are used. There are also countless sellers with cheaper plates who have less than 70 of each.

I don't think this guy is actually offering us any decent deal. If we really want a bunch of these, and it's a good idea, we should put them on the next LUG bulk order, as a VLC item.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

I will take 12 pairs of green plates.
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

Given the same price can be found on BL, we should ask the guy if he will give us a deal on 50 or100 sets. Anyone want to ask him?
Captain Pike
MOC Poster

Post by Captain Pike »

I think I'll bow to Daveed's experience in this case. I'll suspend my order pending a review of the price.

I'm also suspicious where these are sourced from. Robin is the only Canadian LCP IIRC and they're not supposed to bulk resell anyway. If it's not from a LUG Bulk order then where would you get such a vast quantity of plates? wow.

(Unless it's from a "stray" order like one of our shipments....)
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

Troy's Toy Kingdom on BL also sells those green baseplates. Troy's has the 8x16's at $0.384 if you buy x100 and 16x16's are $1.184 if you buy x100. I'm still sitting on the fence on this deal as I don't have an immediate need for these other than to hoard them. Plus I spent a lot of $$$ in Bellevue on Saturday.
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

at this time we are holding off on these until our meeting this friday. If we get a concencus that the club should make an order at the posted price or attempt to negotiate a better price than we can tally up the desired quantities on this thread and get the benefit of combined shipping. If there is no concensus then individual members can team up and make a bricklink order on their own.
I will ask the seller if he has any better prices.
Shane Weckstrom

Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

well the seller in Alberta is trying to avoid paying the BL fees that he would loose if selling over Bl, right? He has the same parts on his BL site (at the same price as others), so it seems he is just getting around the BL fee. If I were trying to unload a bunch of plates on a neighbouring club, I would offer a slight deal to make it worth their while. At least paying the shipping.

As for where he got them, it could be that he found some of those Bricks N More sets with a fig, bunch of basic and a small place on sale and bought 1000 or each. maybe?...
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

he has upped his offer to .75 per 8x16 brick and he will pay for shipping. green plates are still 1.50/pair
Shane Weckstrom

JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

Unfortunately I won't be able to make the meeting. But, if there is a decision to do a group order please put me down for 6 of each (ie. 6xpair of green plate and 6x1 gray brick = 18 parts).

Thanks,
- James
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

Thanks for update James. I will post the group purchase decision after the meeting.
Shane Weckstrom