did Lego finally listen?

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

soundwave
Brick Deity

did Lego finally listen?

Post by soundwave »

Interesting that two new sets on Shop at Home -the VW camper $119 USD and Christmas Post office $69 USD are both only $10 more at the Canadian prices. I was expecting the VW to be at least 150. Does this mean the gap is finally going to be more reflective of two currency's positions?

dare i mention the new super star destroyer $399 USD vs $499 CAD kinda torpedoes the above observation :?
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
beethead
MOC Poster

Re: did Lego finally listen?

Post by beethead »

soundwave wrote:Interesting that two new sets on Shop at Home -the VW camper $119 USD and Christmas Post office $69 USD are both only $10 more at the Canadian prices. I was expecting the VW to be at least 150. Does this mean the gap is finally going to be more reflective of two currency's positions?

dare i mention the new super star destroyer $399 USD vs $499 CAD kinda torpedoes the above observation :?
I was noticing the same thing about the VW camper. Wonder if they'll adjust the rest of those $99 US sets (Emerald Night and Medieval Market to name a couple) to be only $10 more in Canadian dollars. I'd rather spend the $$$ in Canada than the US and it would save me a few hours for the round trip.
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

If MMV was $109 I would defentily buy another. Is it really $99 in the states?! What a gyp...

Havent seen this new VW Camper? Set # or link ?

Cheers
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

Finally, we can have somewhat similar prices to the US. Tired of the $20+ markups in Canada.