Harry Potter Lego

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

legoboysmum
New Poster

Harry Potter Lego

Post by legoboysmum »

I am interested in buying Harry Potter Lego - I would really like to get a Hogwarts Castle - but I'm interested in smaller sets too.
Thanks.
Pascal
Brick Overlord

Re: Harry Potter Lego

Post by Pascal »

Here is a link to a nice Hogwarts set.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/eilonwy77/ ... otostream/

I think I saw the instructions on line somewhere... :wink:
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

legoboysmum wrote:I am interested in buying Harry Potter Lego - I would really like to get a Hogwarts Castle - but I'm interested in smaller sets too.
Thanks.
I'm assuming that you're looking for new. It never hurts to ask, but the members of the club usually tear the boxes open as soon as they come home. If they do have, be prepared to pay a premium for discontinued popular licensed sets.

Diagon Alley is still available through Lego Shop at Home which is a really great set. http://shop.lego.com/en-CA/Harry-Potter-ByTheme
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I'm glad it's still available because I don't have one yet!

Anyway, Hi Susan! welcome to the Forum. Glad you sound it. As I mentioned before Bricklink is likely the way to go if you get stuck on wanting a particular set.

As for the New question, I don't think she is looking for new specifically, just relatively complete sets that her kids can build and play with.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
legoboysmum
New Poster

Post by legoboysmum »

Thank you Pierre and David,

David is right, I'm not just looking for new. Used is fine, especially if it's from a collector who has likely just built it once. Ideally, I'd like all the pieces and minifigs along with instructions and box, but I wouldn't mind if I had to look up instructions and the box was not available.
I'll check out Diagon Alley and bricklink.
Thanks again.
Susan
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

Just a heads up that Diagon Alley was recently flagged as "Retiring Soon" on the Lego web site. I'm not sure how long it takes for a set to 'retire', maybe it just means they aren't producing them any more and are just selling what they have in stock?
peter.vancouver
New Poster

Post by peter.vancouver »

Hi

I do have a Harry Potter Castle still new in the box. Shoot me an email if you are interested in it. I could either sell it outright or trade.