looking for parts for a moc

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

karl
General Poster

looking for parts for a moc

Post by karl »

hi
i am looking for a variety of white bricks and plates to start my next moc. i have been looking on bricklink but it seems especially with the 451 white 2x4 that i will have to order from a whole bunch of stores to get all the parts. if anyone knows where i can get lots of parts for fairly cheap please let me know.
chump
Element God

Re: looking for parts for a moc

Post by chump »

Talk to the staff at the LEGO store and ask if it's something that can be brought in for the PaB Wall. And then let me know. I need some of those 2x4 plates too!
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

it was actually 2x4 bricks that im looking for and even though i love the lego store i was wondering if anyone knew of anywhere else i could get bricks just because the bricks at the lego store are pretty expensive for example for all the 2x4 bricks i require it would cost me about $130 to order from lego pab and the buckets at the store are relevently the same whereas bricklink if i can find all the bricks maybe 10-15$ only problem is the fact that most stores do not have enough inventory so i would most likely need to buy from diffrent stores on bl so if anyone has any leads please let me know
thanks
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

Not sure how many you need, but a pick a brick cup packed properly can hold 167 2x4 bricks + any small pieces that will fit between the gaps.
4 cups built this way is cheaper and you get more then buying an unopened pab box.
Not sure if this helps or not.
brankell5566
MOC Poster

Post by brankell5566 »

I believe you can buy a whole case of PAB parts for around $70.
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

this helps a bit thanks im still going to try brick link but if that does not work out this is a good cheaper alternative then buying parts directly from lego im not sure however if the bricks that i would need white 2x4 bricks 2x2 2x3 and 65 slopes inverted and non and plates both flat and studded would be at the store
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Post by Bricksky »

karl wrote:this helps a bit thanks im still going to try brick link but if that does not work out this is a good cheaper alternative then buying parts directly from lego im not sure however if the bricks that i would need white 2x4 bricks 2x2 2x3 and 65 slopes inverted and non and plates both flat and studded would be at the store
If you are going to order lots of WHITE parts from BrickLink I would recommend purchasing "NEW" parts. In my experience, ordering "USED" WHITE parts has often been disappointing due to the fading that comes with age... (unless of course your looking for that affect).
;)
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

brankell5566 wrote:I believe you can buy a whole case of PAB parts for around $70.
last time we ordered they were $90 and there is 600 2x4 bricks I believe to a box.
karl
General Poster

Post by karl »

i think used parts would be ok since i am going to be building a skull and the fading may be good for replicating the effect of bone but new parts would be good too
JayKay
Master Poster

Post by JayKay »

I think the legostore might still have pick a brick boxes that you can fill yourself for under $100. You'd have to ask for it. They don't display or advertise it. You can just build the 2x4 bricks to fit the dimensions of the box to maximize value.