Minifig Math Trades - ALPHA TEST

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

TheRebricker
Master Poster

Minifig Math Trades - ALPHA TEST

Post by TheRebricker »

All,

I'm setting up a Minifig Math Trade initial test. This is not going to be an official trade and no minifigs will change hands this time. I'm testing to see how this will work and if it will be user friendly enough to run. So if anyone is interested in participating and providing feedback, please let me know by sending me a PM. For now the interface will be a googlesheet so please let me know the email address to send the share link to.

Essentially the way a math trade works is you list all items you have available to trade and all items you are looking for. Then the algorithm runs and makes the most possible people happy. For more details please see: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/93555/math-trade-guide

For those familiar with Math Trades, this is likely to be run differently as Minifig Trading is a defined maximum number of possible items to trade, whereas games (as in the URL detail above) have an endless option of possibilities. Also, unlike the game trading, the goal will be to setup the trades so they can take place in person at upcoming VLC meetings. Perhaps each trade cycle would be from the end of one meeting to 1 week before the next meeting - allowing me time to parse the results and send out the trades for the meeting.

In this initial test, I will be ignoring the value of Minifigs, but plan to have a wishlist of features to add down the road. Let's just see if we can get something off the ground.

NOTE: I am not looking to track who owns what, but only who has what up for trade and who wants what. It's more of a simple have/want list at this point, but will use the data entered to help everyone trade with success.

This may work, or it may fall flat on its (my) face.
- Jason
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Re: Minifig Math Trades - ALPHA TEST

Post by TheRebricker »

For those of you who are unsure, I will share the link to the sheet so you can see how easy it is to use. The more people we get using it, the more likely we can all trade figs with ease. You cannot edit the sheet though until you request permission.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

You will not be asked to list figs you own, only ones you want or have to trade. Also, this is only a test, so you can make up your wants / haves for now. Once we can agree that the program is at a usable level, then we can try a live run with it.
- Jason
chump
Element God

Re: Minifig Math Trades - ALPHA TEST

Post by chump »

TheRebricker wrote:This may work, or it may fall flat on its (my) face.
Sometimes you just want a challenge to conquer.

Anyways, I'm game to test it out. I would probably go with a longer period than a month as it gives more people to get in, so potentially a bigger trading pool. Ideally about a month after a new series is released or when/if we get cases from Chowren (but that may be up in the air going forward based on price).
Pierre
VLC Member

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.