Vintage Lego for Sale

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

oldschool
New Poster

Vintage Lego for Sale

Post by oldschool »

Hi, what I have to offer is some vintage Lego up for sale (see attachments). I would like it to go to someone who will appreciate it for what it is. I am open to reasonable offers for all of it. I don’t want to break it up.
It is from my childhood and given to me by my German grandparents and parents in the late 60’s to early 70’s. I played with it a lot as a child and it has been stored nicely for the last 40 years. (There might be some bite marks on some pieces from trying to get it apart as a child).
You will see by what I have to offer that one could make a really nice display of an “old school” scene. It is something different and vintage.
I don’t know what to ask for it as I don’t build with Lego any more. I only know how much it costs to buy it now. Thanks for the read and I hope someone may be interested.
I haven't done this before so please be patient.
Please PM me if you're interested.
Attachments
lego description 1.pdf
Please see attached 2 page list of available Lego for Sale
(951.56 KiB) Downloaded 328 times
lego description 2.pdf
(906.18 KiB) Downloaded 309 times
Kyler
Brick Deity

Re: Vintage Lego for Sale

Post by Kyler »

It looks like you have quite an impressively maintained (many complete) collection from the 70s.

You can get a good sense of what individual used vintage sets can sell for by looking them up on BrickLink www.bricklink.com

While you'd earn the most money selling them individually, obviously that will take more time and effort that selling as a lot.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
oldschool
New Poster

Post by oldschool »

Thank you Kyler for your reply and assistance.I did as you suggested and went to the link you provided.

I can see that even used Lego can be quite expensive.Seeing as I would like to sell the whole collection as one I did some number crunching based on the lowest prices offered on each Lego set.

Being quite conservative I was thinking $500 Canadian for everything or best offer.

You won't be disappointed with what I have.

I am in New Westminster,B.C.
TheRebricker
Master Poster

Post by TheRebricker »

Might you have a few pictures of the collection? Nothing needs to be built, but showing how it's stored and maybe one or two shots of some of the Lego, for example the ziplock bags of the color separated Lego will help people see just how much there is. That may help you get more traction with potential buyers. Key parts like track and motors and reasonably close up of some brick to show the condition it's in.
- Jason
oldschool
New Poster

Post by oldschool »

As per The Rebricker's suggestion, I have taken some photos of some of what I have. A few are attached. let me know anyone if you want to see something in particular. But I would prefer to sell it all as a set.
Attachments
train set in box
train set in box
tug and tanker in bags
tug and tanker in bags
lego 352 in bag
lego 352 in bag
assorted red pieces in bag
assorted red pieces in bag
motor with battery box
motor with battery box
it has been stored in a rubber maid tote