Converting a physical build to a BrickLink parts lists

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

D_R_Watson
MOC Poster

Converting a physical build to a BrickLink parts lists

Post by D_R_Watson »

I have built a streetcar using the parts I have in order to get a working design. What I need to do now is order the parts of the correct colour from BrickLink. I was wondering what the most effect way of going from a physical build to a BrickLink wanted list is. Wilf suggested using LLD, unfortunately I can’t install that on my older Mac computer. Picking the parts, part by part on BrickLink was talking a long time, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a faster method?
jeffrose
MOC Poster

Re: Converting a physical build to a BrickLink parts lists

Post by jeffrose »

Have look at the requirements for Stud.io from BrickLink. It might be more forgiving than LDD.
VLC - Technical Director Since 2018
Owner of: Brick Brains and BricksAndLinks
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

I haven't used it, but there's also:
https://www.mecabricks.com/

But I can't see how making a digital version of a physical model would speed up the bricklink ordering process.
Hamslice
Element King

Post by Hamslice »

You can also just make a wish list in bricklink of the parts you need and qty. Then hit order, it will scrub bricklink and find the cheapest stores and the fewest stores to order from.
TroopaDee
Master Poster

Post by TroopaDee »

Sorry to hijack this thread but I didn't feel my question deserved a new one.

I have the opposite question about using Bricklink: Say I have a list of parts on my Bricklink wishlist, is there any way to set it up so that Bricklink can create/output a list of the stores that carry the most parts from my wishlist? And/or the best price?
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

TroopaDee wrote:Sorry to hijack this thread but I didn't feel my question deserved a new one.

I have the opposite question about using Bricklink: Say I have a list of parts on my Bricklink wishlist, is there any way to set it up so that Bricklink can create/output a list of the stores that carry the most parts from my wishlist? And/or the best price?
Yes. When you're in the Wanted List screen, click on "Buy" in the Wanted List bar/menu at the top. Then choose what wanted list you want to search for (if you have multiple lists). Then click Auto-select and it will do this for you.

I may be missing a step, Jason is pretty good at explaining this too.
Rhymes with Lettuce