New City Sets 20% off @ TRU online

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Darth_Tater
General Poster

New City Sets 20% off @ TRU online

Post by Darth_Tater »

TRU online already have four of the new city kits on sale at 20% off.

7991 Recycle Truck ($19.99) $15.97
7992 Container Stacker ($26.99) $21.57
7994 City Harbour ($119.99) $95.97
7998 Heavy Hauler ($47.99) $38.37

Does TRU have a price protection policy? I purchased three 7992 kits before they went on sale.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

I would be VERY surprised if they didn't have a "price protection guarantee". Did you buy these sets from an actual store, or did you get them from TRU online?
-Bryan
Darth_Tater
General Poster

Post by Darth_Tater »

Gumby wrote:I would be VERY surprised if they didn't have a "price protection guarantee". Did you buy these sets from an actual store, or did you get them from TRU online?
Hello Gumby,

I checked the website today and they do not have a price protection policy. I think my only solution, would be to return them for a refund minus shipping cost and re-purchase them at the sale price.

On the plus side, I visited TRU this afternoon and purchased three 7991 kits for $15.97 each. I was hoping to also pickup a couple of the Heavy Hauler 7998 kits, but I did not see any. They also had the City Harbour 7994 kit in stock.

TRU also had the new Mars Mission and Castle and Harry Potter kits in stock.

All of the city kits were on sale at 20% off, including a remote control train set.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Thanks for the update, Darth! I hope the TRU stores here in BC have the new sets in stock... I'm interested in getting a recycle truck.
-Bryan
smartiac
MOC Poster

Post by smartiac »

I was at TRU in Langley yesterday and they've got nothin' in the way of new sets. I picked up two of the fire hovercraft though, only to discover that the skirt is all one piece. It's like a hovercraft shaped baseplate. Thbbbbt! That's what I have to say about that!
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

The TRUs at Metrotown and Broadway have the new sets. Metrotown had the harbour as well as the heavy hauler, while Broadway had the harbour and the garbage truck. Broadway had more of the Mars and Castle sets, although neither location had the small sets for both of these lines.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

TRU on Broadway also had the latest HP set, 5378 Hogwarts Castle.
-Bryan