Toy Traders?

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Toy Traders?

Post by dberladyn »

Are they still carrying LEGO?

I was thinking of driving out there one day but I don't want to go that far. Does anyone know what they have in stock in regards to Technic/Trains?
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

they had a decent selection a week or so ago. no trains but lots of technic
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I was just there today and no trains. They had an OK selection of technic. :)
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

I was there too! My nieces were over so I went and bought them a LEGO set.

The real reason I went was to buy a Mindstorms NXT set. I should have waited for a deal on Ebay but sometimes when I want something I foolishly put cost aside. I have a hardtime appreciating studless beams, and I never liked the non-LEGO appearance of the NXT sensors but after finally caving in and getting this set "Wow". It's a really great set! I'm actually finding myself considering selling my 4 RCX bricks and replacing them with NXT bricks. Legacy connectors and such, why keep the old RCX's? I think a lot of people have this idea, I see the price for them have dropped considerably.

One more thing, I'm kind of glad LEGO has the studless system out. If they only sold classic LEGO Technic (1980 - late 1990's) I'd be broke. I'd be buying every set in sight. I guess I just like the warm fuzzy feeling the classic bricks give me.

Dan
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

What is toy trader? Do we like trade lego or sell lego to them??
Where is it located? Also, do they have any lego on star wars or indiana jones? What about their prices... are they higher than other retail stores like Zellers?
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Toy Traders is a store located in Langley on the Langley bi-pass. They take in trades of used toys and give you a credit towards a purchase. They then turn around and sell your trade in to someone else. They sell new and used toys and very and I mean very rarely have used Lego. Their new Lego is a fare price, about the regular prices. they do have Star Wars and Indiana Jones but the selection is not the best. Hope that helps. :)