TRU catalog

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

AC
Brick God

TRU catalog

Post by AC »

Got the TRU catalog today and there are some Lego deals. Tim there are some town sets. Not a lot af great deals but there are a few. :)
They also have the new electronic items ie. Camera, Radio, and Walkie Talkies. Not my thing. :p
For the people that like the cheep nockoff stuff MB Halo Wars is 20% off. shake
timtosino
Element King

Re: TRU catalog

Post by timtosino »

Thanks Allan, looks like an OK sale. At least you get a coupon and keychain. I'll pick up a Wind Turbine Transport tomorrow.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

The garage is priced the same as Wal mart sale. Its gonna be cheaper though if you use the $10 off coupon as well. Disappointed how they barley even have any star wars on sale. Especially their exclusive mon calamari crusier. Toysrus only gives sale on items that they don't really sell well. If you look at battle of endor, its on sale for $114.99 (their reg.$134.99) and it says $20 off. In reality, you only save $15 as they overprice that set $5. Get it at wal mart for only $100 is a much better deal.
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

legofactory wrote:The garage is priced the same as Wal mart sale. Its gonna be cheaper though if you use the $10 off coupon as well. Disappointed how they barley even have any star wars on sale. Especially their exclusive mon calamari crusier. Toysrus only gives sale on items that they don't really sell well. If you look at battle of endor, its on sale for $114.99 (their reg.$134.99) and it says $20 off. In reality, you only save $15 as they overprice that set $5. Get it at wal mart for only $100 is a much better deal.
Zeller's had the best price for the garage if you were into buying 2 of them, buy 1 get the 2nd at 50% off, just this past week (ended on Thursday). Actually the buy 1 get the 2nd 50% off applied to all of there Lego sets, of course you pay full price for the higher priced item. I tried to get them to price match Walmart ($100) and then get the 2nd at 50% ($50) but they said no. Was hoping to get an uninformed cashier but no such luck.

Remember, Toys'R'Us will always price match so if you show them the Walmart catalogue they should sell at the same price to you as Walmart. Same applies to Zeller's.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

But actually price match only works if the price for the item is stated. If no price is stated such as buy 1 get 1 half off, free item if you purchase... , 20% off all lego... etc will not work. Also, you can't combine price match with their advertised sale. Tried it at toysrus when i price match the ipod nano with future shop. And they currently had a promotion of a free $10 gift card if you purchase ipod. They didn't give me the gift card but price match it.
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

I would have loved to take advantage of Zellers BOGHO sale but I was waiting for months for the city garage and turbine transport to go on sale and the truck is a TRU Exclusive. Right now is the best deal I guess since you can get the Truck and Garage for both 20% off. The coupon is kinda pointless though.. The sale ends on nov 12th while the coupon is only valid Nov 16 - 29th so essentially for me it's $10 off in Nov when I can get anything I want at 20% right now. The coupon is only valid for over $50 as well. If anyone wants it I can bring it to the next meeting maybe for a theme that never went on sale.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

timtosino wrote:The coupon is only valid for over $50 as well. If anyone wants it I can bring it to the next meeting maybe for a theme that never went on sale.
Did you get the savings card for free from toysrus or you had to buy something? By the way, you can use this other coupon code "TPNOV10" which beethead provided for $10 off $50. That you can use online plus you can take advantage of the sale as well.
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Yeah I bought the Red Truck/wind turbine transport. There's nothing I want anymore, I guess.. That Orange Truck has got to be the dumbest thought out set ever :P
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

What orange truck, the tow truck?I guess its supposed to go with the garage and lego has usally had a tow truck as sets in years past.

Andrew .
Lego trains are just the best!
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

The orange semi with the helicopter and bike. If they helicopter can fly why are they pulling it on a semi ?:P The Garage tow truck is really huge and nice. The only thing is vehicles have to bemodded to slide onto it, or you can use the hook.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Creator set: 6747 Race Rider seems to be the best discount at $15.97 (reg $26.99)
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.