US KMart Black Friday: Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

beethead
MOC Poster

US KMart Black Friday: Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Post by beethead »

Was just perusing the leaked Black Friday sales flyers and I see KMart has their "Blue Friday" event on November 27. They have a timed special from 6 AM - 11 AM for Lego sets, buy 2 get 1 free (lowest price item). Could be a good deal if you're planning on traveling south for those Black Friday sales that day, I see locations for KMart in Bellingham and Burlington (Prime Outlet/Cascade Mall area).
legofactory
MOC Poster

Re: US KMart Black Friday: Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Post by legofactory »

Kmart selection sucks. Its pretty much same as sears here in canada. Its a great deal, but with gas so expensive, border crossing, taxes, its just a pain... Its only good if you stay for more than 2 days i think, otherwise you'll get taxed (7% PST + 5% GST) on top of taxed goods (washington tax 8%).
timtosino
Element King

Re: US KMart Black Friday: Buy 2 Get 1 Free

Post by timtosino »

The Tax only factors if you're pulled over to pay. That's prolly only happened once in the 30-40 times I've crossed the border in the past 5 years. Unless of course you want to stop and pay the CCRA. The last time me Shane and Allan went down to Bellevue and we declared $400 for a 6 hour trip they didn't care. Plus with gas at 1.07 today filling up in the US feels so much ligher on the wallet :) I'm sure Wal Mart and Fred MEyer will have their Black Friday catalogue soon.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/