20% off ALL LEGO Shamryn Hobbies

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

legofactory
MOC Poster

20% off ALL LEGO Shamryn Hobbies

Post by legofactory »

Update: Shamryn Hobbies is no longer closing. 20% off everything in store plus additional 10% if VLC member.

Barry's Store Shamryn Hobbies is closing out and is having a 30% off sale for everything. You get additional 10% off cause your a VLC member so its 40% off.

Not the greatest selection of new and recent products. But they have most of the older sets so its worth checking them out.

I've seen them struggling for quite a while asking for investor help. Feel bad that they didn't get any investor to help them out for stablizing their fundings. Its sad to see them go. Now the closest "Lego" store is like in langley which i will never go to as its too far.
Last edited by legofactory on Fri Dec 04, 2009 11:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Re: 40% off ALL LEGO Shamryn Hobbies CLOSE OUT SALE

Post by legofactory »

Update - They are no longer closing. Now only 20% off.. + 10% = total of 30% off.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

When I spoke to Barry he said he had until the end of the month to get everything out. That was just 2-3 days ago.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

AC wrote:When I spoke to Barry he said he had until the end of the month to get everything out. That was just 2-3 days ago.
Thats good news that hes not closing.
Last edited by legofactory on Tue Dec 01, 2009 8:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

I think this talk should not take place on the public forum. It is better it come from Barry himself anyways.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Post by legofactory »

So do we get 40% off or only 30%?
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

The deal is up to him. I wish he would post this himself, but he asked me. Last I heard it was 30% for the regular public with an added 10% off for VLC members. If you are not a VLC member yet you will need to send me a personal message and I will let you know how to become one.
If you want to call Barry his store # is 604-527-0594.
It looks like he has the red tagged stuff 30% off and everything else is 20% off. This is what was posted on craigslist on the 29th of Nov.
He wants to keep things going so if you know someone with 80,000 kicking around...
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I went to see Barry's store today and as AC says, it's not closing any more. He did have a two day sale over the weekend when he thought he was having to closeout. He is, however, still doing a 20% off regular and 30% off for red tag.

Please change the thread title, as it is now misleading.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Re: 30% off ALL LEGO Shamryn Hobbies

Post by legofactory »

chump wrote:Please change the thread title, as it is now misleading.
Its done !
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

Thanks Legofactory. Now is that 30% off for members?
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I don't mean to be a post police, but since this is in a public forum, in my opinion, the title should read 20% off (or append it to read "for VLC members"), as you're making the assumption that everyone reading is a member of the VLC.

You can still leave the notice that VLC members get an extra 10% off. Perhaps knowing that membership (and participation) has benefits, it may persuade some people to join the VLC, which as has been mentioned in others posts, is having a meeting next Friday, Dec 11th.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
legofactory
MOC Poster

Re: 20% off ALL LEGO Shamryn Hobbies

Post by legofactory »

AC wrote:Thanks Legofactory. Now is that 30% off for members?
Its 30% off for members now. 40% off for red tag items (old sets).
AC
Brick God

Re: 20% off ALL LEGO Shamryn Hobbies

Post by AC »

Thanks Chump and Legofactory. I am glad we are all in this for the love of Lego and can work together to fix this stuff. I do think we need to ask Barry to post this stuff himself so it comes straight from him. That way if by the off chance he changes the sale it is up to him to correct it. :D