bn.com 30% off

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Re: bn.com 30% off

Post by chump »

Damn. When I saw your name I thought you got it today. Still nothing here too. Or am I just messing with you, so that you feel better? :)
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

You guys are having way too much fun! Makes me wish I had bought something too, just so I could join in the conversation :-)
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Even though you didn't order anything from barnes and noble, you're more than welcome to join Radstar and I in staring at our front doors and wondering why Lego doesn't magically appear there everyday. When will Santa and his reindeer get their act together and bring me that Galaxy Explorer? Wait... That's what my grandparents got for me many years ago for Christmas. I still remember that cost $35 which was a heckuva lot a money in those days. Grandparents are better than Santa.
Pierre

RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Lol nice you had grandparents that were better than Santa, mine were the other way around.

Divorced Parents.. Mom/Dad both play Santa spoiling me and my twin brother twice every Christmas. Adrian & I got pretty much everything every year. Except for some reason both sides would NOT get me a Glo-Worm doll I so badly wanted- probably cause they knew I'd use it to stay up later. :P

Dad's Parents - In Montreal, I only ever got cards with money
Mom's Parents - In Chilliwack, I only ever got magazine subscriptions from them- OWL, National Geographic for Kids, Rick Ranger, etc (I had to buy my Nintendo Power subscription with my own money, so thanks to my Grandparents in Montreal for that eh!)

My Step Dad's Parents got me lousy gifts. My Step Mom's Parents got us lousy gifts too- but when my step mom had "her own" kids, wow my half sister and bro got some excellent gifts. Hmph, I shouldnt complain with our double christmases all those years.

Today? Fire Temple!!?
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

My parents did what they could for me when I was growing up. We did not have much so I had to commit to a single "technology tree" so to speak, and I picked G.I. Joe.

Hence, my LEGO collection was pretty basic. We also later gave it away to my cousins.

I am making up for lost time :-)

I hope your packages show up soon! I'll let you know if they show up at my place :-)
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Well Ive made a trade online Bricklink, getting rid of fleshie heads, hands, arms, so now I have a second package en route to me. It has dragon sheilds, some old dragon knight torsos, Series 1 figs (Wrestler, Caveman and Forestman) and 1 more of that evil dwarf torso/sheild Im after! :)

Worked on baseplate supports for my fantasy WIP project last night..

just putting that fire temple out of my mind for the time being! :P
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

497 Galaxy Explorer was about the only major set I had growing up. And one Basic set (10?) from way, way back. And one police set, 659 Police Patrol with pre-moveable legs and arms minifig. 600 Ambulance with a 1x1 plate used standing between studs. That's about it.

I bought a 6545 Search n Rescue police helicopter for my godson in 1996 and thought it was a cool set, so I bought one for myself too. I didn't open it up till years later when my nephew turned about three years old and build it with him in 2003. That was about ten years ago and the buying spree began.
Pierre

RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Finally got it :) The box set is huge wow. 3 instruction manuals too geez whiz!
Will be building it this week for sure.

No additional costs whatsoever! This was a great deal!

Off topic- I am now excited for the kingdoms set "The Joust" mentioned on brickapedia for 2012!!! It's looking to be one of those bigger sets!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Poop. I ordered it before you. Still nothing.
Pierre

chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Is Canada Post still on strike? It appears that way at my house.
Pierre

RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Aw shucks that sucks.

I finished building everything last night. It looks great, my friend came over and remarked how the orange wings looked like sunlight behind the Temple.

And was he ever surprised when I pulled the sword & the temple spilt open!! revealing the fire dragon.

he was stoked yeah :)

Although out of the new Ninjago stuff I built over last two nights- my favorite piece right now is the Earth Dragon... I picked up on that toy store on Main street & 17th or around there, they have a ton Play Mobil (nice to look at, at least) and a very healthy selection of Lego- as well other fun stuff, I picked up two smurfs for my girlfriend 's smurfville.

Back to earth dragon- sure it has no wings.. but its huge and has an awesome swinging tail that can totally wreck things!!

On the back of the Earth Dragon instruction manual, is a teaser.. "2012" and a giant green monster with yellow eye.. hmm does this mean a even bigger dragon is coming out? :)

Sorry for your bad luck though Chump.. but thanks again for letting us know about the deal. I am very pleased I paid $90 for the fire temple & dragon. Hope your package comes before end of week!

Cheers!!
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

Well, it arrived today.

Why am I not excited? I got hit with GST and handling fee of $8.95. However I should be able to get it back as gumby pointed out we've paid the GST already.

It's just the pain of having to go through the process.
Pierre