Shop at Home Keychains down to $1.20 for many types

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Platypus
Brick God

Shop at Home Keychains down to $1.20 for many types

Post by Platypus »

htere are lots of Keychains at 80% off for for $1.20 each. I ordered lots! 8)

They also have the Female figs magnet set for $7.50, which is aweseom! I ordered 10 packs and I am willing to resell 5 of them.

I would have check in to share shipping on a larger order, but since any order over $30 gets a free police boat, I figured you all would want to make your own orders. And I didn't want to wait incase stuffs sells out...
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)
RadStar
Master Poster

Re: Shop at Home Keychains down to $1.20 for many types

Post by RadStar »

so you've perfected the technique for taking the metal rods out then? I got a free Wu Sensi with my Diagon Alley- his Conical hat has a hole in it now, and his feet are a bit squished hah.

Cheers
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

RadStar wrote:so you've perfected the technique for taking the metal rods out then? I got a free Wu Sensi with my Diagon Alley- his Conical hat has a hole in it now, and his feet are a bit squished hah.

Cheers
I don't take the rods out I pull the little ring off the top then take the hat, head and any other parts that may get in the way and then cut the rod off at the top of the neck stud. The legs may not come away from the torso but I am not so concerned about that.
beethead
MOC Poster

Post by beethead »

Why not try the soldering pencil technique to remove the pin? Less destructive.

Someone needs to discover a way to free the superglued minifigs from their magnetic chain without damage.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

beethead wrote:Why not try the soldering pencil technique to remove the pin? Less destructive.

After I have done what I do the only way to tell by looking at the fig is the hole in the helmet/hair.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

There are two types of key chain. The older style were screwed in, and the tread was very fine and tightly forced in. With a good grip you could wind it out. The newer style are a barbed rod, which is forced into a drill-hole super tight. It's tight enough that it causes stress lines to appear in the plastic of the neck stud. I am not sure if using heat would get these new style out. I think you would need a lot of heat.

I just did a bunch of newer style yesterday after Allan mentioned to me that these were on sale. I wanted to see how well I could do it, because ordering 40+ key chains.

Using Allan's method I was easily able to remove all the visible parts of the chain. There is still a rod inside the neck, but who cares. The legs are glued so getting the rod out doesn't help that anyway.

Remind me close to the next meeting and I will bring some tough sidecutters, which make it easy to cut the chain off, and cut the rod off of the head.
David Gagnon - (AKA Daveed or Platypus)