Free shipping Lego Shop @ Home and more

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Free shipping Lego Shop @ Home and more

Post by chump »

A free Kingdoms 30062 Target Practice and a free kids admission to Legoland. The latter not necessarily being very useful unless you happen to be planning on going down there anyway.

If anyone is putting an order together to take advantage of this, would you please add 6 tommy guns at $0.20 each for me. Thanks.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Re: Free shipping Lego Shop @ Home and more

Post by Arct3ryx »

I'm sure I'm not the first to have noticed... but checking CAD prices @ LEGO online vs US prices is an exercise in self-inflicted frustration and depression. What's with the $ difference? It's a good thing I live close enough to the border that I can scoot over to Sumas to pick up US deliveries without too much trouble.
AC
Brick God

Post by AC »

The price difference was said to be a result of our weaker dollar, however things have not changed with the strenth it now has. My guess is The Lego Group is simply going to leave the prices this way because we Canadians are will to pay.
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

The only saving grace is that Bellevue is only about a 2-3 hour drive away!
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I was so close today to Bellevue but at a family BBQ in Shoreline with no bonus time to scoot over.

Then got stuck at the Pac Xing when it said 55 min vs 75 min for Peace Arch. It took two two hours to get through. Just as we approached my sister texts me to say they were in line at Peace Arch for 30 minutes with 10 cars to go. Bloody hell!
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

The other bonus of getting to Bellevue is Stan's BBQ... that was all the reason I needed before to go there, but I think the kids will be happy to have a reason to be there as well. And I'll include myself in the kids there too...

Anyways, will be holding off on any LEGO purchases until we get there later on this month.
MisterOwl
Experienced Poster

Post by MisterOwl »

I'll have to try this Stan's BBQ some time!

My favorite eat is that Dumpling place across the street from Bellevue next to the Microsoft offices!
kennymatic
Experienced Poster

Post by kennymatic »

My personal rule is never go to Pacific Crossing. There are ways to cheat and people are always cutting in line making the wait that much longer. Plus it's a lot prettier at Peace Arch.
jozero
General Poster

Post by jozero »

I emailed Lego about the rather large price difference between Canada and the US. Here is the response :

____

Thank you for your email regarding the prices of LEGO® products.

I would like to explain that the Company has not historically changed retail prices as local currencies fluctuate, and recent developments with the Canadian dollar have not dramatically altered the fixed costs of doing business in Canada. With headquarters in Europe, the LEGO Group reports its financials in Danish Kroner, and maintains a manufacturing cost base fixed in Euros. The prices of LEGO products vary around the world, and are determined by careful evaluation of local factors such as government taxes, transportation costs, exchange rates, market conditions and the cost of doing business. It is, therefore, inaccurate to look to U.S. pricing as a means of measuring anticipated Canadian price equivalencies.

Again, thank you for contacting us about this situation. I want to assure you that the LEGO Group does everything it can to deliver the best possible quality, value and play experience to our consumers at competitive prices in all of the 130 countries where we do business. We wish you many more happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years to come.

_____

I responded :

_____

Hello,

I appreciate the detailed response.

>> I would like to explain that the Company has not historically changed retail prices as local currencies fluctuate, and recent >> developments with the Canadian dollar have not dramatically altered the fixed costs of doing business in Canada.

The Canadian dollar has gained significantly against the Euro and the US dollar in the last few years. Its been a gradual noticeable upshift, not a blip.

>> Again, thank you for contacting us about this situation. I want to assure you that the LEGO Group does everything it can >> to deliver the best possible quality, value and play experience to our consumers at competitive prices in all of the 130 >> countries where we do business. We wish you many more happy hours of creative building with LEGO brand toys in the years >> to come.

I absolutely love your product. The detail, quality, and interaction between all the parts are amazing. I've gotten into the Lego City collection, and have just gotten into Mindstorm. Its just disheartening seeing the massive price difference (often 35%, sometimes higher) between the US and Canada. Specially since so many other sellers of goods in Canada have reduced their prices (books, bikes, cars, computers, iPods, etc)

I appreciate the response, but I guess I'll just keep making the short drive and buying Lego from the US. Of course I may change my mind if Vancouver gets a Lego store :)

_____
RadStar
Master Poster

Post by RadStar »

Lets be Lego's Squeaky Wheel Vancouver!

Good Job :)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

I don't think anything will change unless a competitor comes up with a decent product. Kudo's to LEGO though, for having such a dominant edge in product superiority that nobody else is prepared to fight them for that market share.