7/24-7/30 ToysRUS USA has a BOGO50 on all LEGO

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

7/24-7/30 ToysRUS USA has a BOGO50 on all LEGO

Post by Arct3ryx »

July 24th - Jul 30th, ToysRUS USA has a BOGO50 on all LEGO construction sets.

http://toysrus.shoplocal.com/toysrus/de ... s-weeks-ad

Luckily I was in Seattle for the weekend when I found out about the deal, and was able to scoot on down to a TRU @ Westfield to scoop up a few things. It wasn't just the kits, discount also applied to the baseplates I picked up... :D
RadStar
Master Poster

Re: 7/24-7/30 ToysRUS USA has a BOGO50 on all LEGO

Post by RadStar »

Man... those American AFOLs... lucky & broke?! ;)
Roger the Deaf Guy
My Moc Page
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

According to Brickset, "Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Ninjago sets are excluded, however. " but I guess the store you went to was on all.

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=1365

Valid Sunday 7/24 through Saturday 7/30, Toys R Us is running a Buy One, Get One 50% Off promotion for all* LEGO construction sets. Star Wars, Harry Potter, and Ninjago sets are excluded, however. As always, try and buy similarly priced sets and look for those sets with little if any extra TRU markup in order to maximize your savings. Lastly, you receive free shipping on orders that exceed $75. The sale went live at midnight and there are many nice sets in stock such as the new Red Cargo Train, Emerald Night, Medieval Market, Queen Anne's Revenge, and the Imperial Flagship.

Update: In some stores, the promotion is actually BOGO 40% Off.

Update 2: Star Wars sets are now also BOGO50% Monday 7/25/11 Only. The catch is that they only pair with non-Star Wars sets. The plus is that you can buy mulitples of the same set.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

Yeah, didn't get to test the Star Wars ect exceptions - I was buying only CITY sets and it worked out well for me. Picked up a train set, airport, bunch of base plates... worked out well. Totally lucked out and happened to be down there when the sale came on.

Pretty stoked that my luck worked out well for once :)
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Are you able to buy from TRU online and get shipped up to canada,I'd love to get a mearsk and new battery train if they allowed that,Can anyone pm me with that info?

,Thanks ,Andrew ,yes I need more trains :wink:
Lego trains are just the best!
Arct3ryx
Experienced Poster

Post by Arct3ryx »

Not sure if they'd let you do that or redirect you to tru.ca; I shipped US-only purchases to Ship Happens in Sumas for the first time a few weeks ago and it was a great experience. Not TRU, it was batteries and some photography accessories, but I'd definitely do that again.
jozero
General Poster

Post by jozero »

How are you paying ? ToysRUS US doesn't seem to take Canadian credit cards. I've heard those pre-paid visa cards work but haven't tried it yet.

Thanks.