Hogwarts Express Train Set @ Costco

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Robin
Master Poster

Hogwarts Express Train Set @ Costco

Post by Robin »

Hi guys,

Costco has this new train set (Set #10132) in stock and on sale, from October 18th to the 31st. Shop at Home price is $169.99 Cdn. Costco's sale price is $134.99. I'm willing to pick up a set for anyone without a Costco membership. Just let me know. We can settle up at Friday's meeting.
TerryH
New Poster

Post by TerryH »

The Abbotsford location needed a coupon to get this discount. They were handing out them at the door so be sure to grab one.
Dj_Max
Master Poster

Post by Dj_Max »

Taken from Lugnet...
People who wrote Notes about this set (2 people)

Aaron West: "Sticker on sheet for tender car is included with non-motor Azkabah model too. Only buy this if you lack parts to build your own, or are a completionist collector."
Hendrik SvL Bergmann: "Bah! dark bluish grey track!!!"
Just so that you are aware of the bluish track is included in this set
Robin
Master Poster

Re: Hogwarts Express Train Set @ Costco

Post by Robin »

Robin wrote:Costco has this new train set (Set #10132) in stock and on sale, from October 18th to the 31st. Shop at Home price is $169.99 Cdn. Costco's sale price is $134.99.
I'm rethinking getting this set at Costco. TRU has it for $169.99, and chances are they'll clear it out sometime for at least 25% off (and probably more), which will bring it down to $127.49 (or less).
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

An Update:

The set actually comes bundled with an EXTRA 4515 (8 straight track) and 4520 (8 curved track) in original OLD DARK GREY!

Unfortunately, all the pieces INSIDE the actual train set are the new colours, including the track (16 curves + 2 straight).

Imagine how choked some parent is going to be when they start piecing together the old and new track ... Consumer Affairs is going to get a *lot* of calls ...

Still, with the extra track, I bought one. My offer still stands. Just let me know, and I'll pick one (or more) up for you, $160 all taxes in (might be a little cheaper now with the PST reduction, but Costco may not have their tills updated yet).
fantasytrain
MOC Poster

Re: Hogwarts Express Train Set @ Costco

Post by fantasytrain »

Robin wrote:
Robin wrote:Costco has this new train set (Set #10132) in stock and on sale, from October 18th to the 31st. Shop at Home price is $169.99 Cdn. Costco's sale price is $134.99.
I'm rethinking getting this set at Costco. TRU has it for $169.99, and chances are they'll clear it out sometime for at least 25% off (and probably more), which will bring it down to $127.49 (or less).
Actually I was at costco last night and it was $99.00. I hope that goes for the lower mainland too.

Rob
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

yes that price is for in the lower mainland.the costco in bby. had them for 99 bucks on wednesday night dec 1st.
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

In Burnaby its still $99 today. There must be 20 sets there.
smartiac
MOC Poster

HP train set

Post by smartiac »

Hey, if anyone out there can and is willing, would they pick up one of the 99 dollar Hogwarts trains for me. I am out in Abby and can't get into BBY very easily. I can pay them at the meeting on the 28th.

Nathan
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

If anyone ends up at Costco and wants to get me one of these, i'd be happy! I'm not in that area too often and don't have access to a Costo card these days. i tihnk Nathan said they had 4, as of three weeks ago. Old news, maybe i should have said something sooner.

call me if much time has passed and you think i might have one already.
710-5346

Thanks
David
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Platypus wrote:If anyone ends up at Costco and wants to get me one of these, i'd be happy! I'm not in that area too often and don't have access to a Costo card these days. i tihnk Nathan said they had 4, as of three weeks ago.
I'm going to drop in there late today, David. I'll pick one up for you if they have any.

Robin
Robin
Master Poster

Post by Robin »

Dropped by Costco at about 6:30pm tonight. They had 4 left until very recently (maybe even this morning). They had marked them down even further to $69.99!!

Of course, they were all gone. Sorry, David. Hopefully one of you guys got in this last, great deal.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Robin wrote:Dropped by Costco at about 6:30pm tonight. They had 4 left until very recently (maybe even this morning). They had marked them down even further to $69.99!!

Of course, they were all gone. Sorry, David. Hopefully one of you guys got in this last, great deal.
Wow! Amazing. IF, and that's a big IF, anyone finds many of them, buy them, we can draft them. Or at least I'd take another.
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

any other Costcos around? if someone finds them, i'd take two at that price.

thanks for checking for me Robin.