Ultimate Star Wars Book

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Kyler
Brick Deity

Ultimate Star Wars Book

Post by Kyler »

I almost ignored this deal because The Book People is a UK company (thinking shipping to Canada wouldn't be worth it),
but their current 9.99 GBP sale price on a brand new DK book called the Ultimate Star Wars Book is so good that even after shipping to Canada (a mere 5 GBP) it comes to just 14.99 GBP which is around half of the $52 Canadian cover price.

Here's a link to The Book People website.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Re: Ultimate Star Wars Book

Post by Lettuce »

Furthermore, because it's a handpicked favourite at the store you'll receive an extra 15% off when you use the code PICKED15 at the checkout.

I'd really like to get my hands on one of these at a decent price. Perhaps we could order a few together and try to save even more on shipping?
Rhymes with Lettuce
JayKay
Master Poster

Post by JayKay »

I'd be in for a copy if someone doesn't mind doing a group order.
islandcabinlego
MOC Poster

Post by islandcabinlego »

I'd be up for one as well
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Lettuce wrote:Furthermore, because it's a handpicked favourite at the store you'll receive an extra 15% off when you use the code PICKED15 at the checkout.

I'd really like to get my hands on one of these at a decent price. Perhaps we could order a few together and try to save even more on shipping?
Unfortunately the 15% handpicked code promo is only for those in the UK

However, the link I posted was a referral link, and rumour has it get's new customers 15% off their first order.

Shipping is only 5GBP. (a "medium" book rate)

As for group order savings, it didn't seem like that was something worth pursuing. When I added a second book to my order, it added a second 5GBP for the second "medium" book, so it didn't seem worth pursuing the group option.

Added in 45 minutes 27 seconds:
I noticed this book in Indigo yesterday, recognized Chris Malloy's name (it's authored by two of The Brother's Brick writers), and quickly flipped through.

With a cover price of $52 CAD I didn't look too closely (as I didn't expect to be buying anytime soon) but then this morning's deal discovery changed things. :lol:
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

I'm sure Chris will be happy to sign them at BrickCan - and Andy if he can make it this year! They were signing them for a bunch of people in Seattle.

-John.
Lettuce
Brick Overlord

Post by Lettuce »

J1A3L5 wrote:I'm sure Chris will be happy to sign them at BrickCan - and Andy if he can make it this year! They were signing them for a bunch of people in Seattle.
They were signing them, but didn't have any copies themselves to sell. It would be nice if we could work out a book signing at BrickCan.
Rhymes with Lettuce
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

Got a sneak peek from Jangbricks, and am happy I ordered one.

https://youtu.be/FCwzF1cy-XM