walmart 7045(hovercraft hideout)14.96

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

Andrew
Brick Overlord

walmart 7045(hovercraft hideout)14.96

Post by Andrew »

Hi everyone ,Walmart has 7045 hovercraft hideout on for 14.96,regulay39.95.they also have the jousting knights set for the same price.there was about 25-30 hover sets at lougheed mall walmart .Do we want to draft this set? talk to y'all later!
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

sounds liek a good idea. any draft is fun, 60% off all the more so.

what's the regular price on joustinf knights? i think i'd rather draft a castle set, but i'm not sure what set this is and what it's worth. given the quality of the new castle sets, i don't think i'd draft it if the price wasn't 50% off or more.
TFM
Element King

Re: walmart 7045(hovercraft hideout)14.96

Post by TFM »

Andrew wrote:Hi everyone ,Walmart has 7045 hovercraft hideout on for 14.96,regulay39.95.they also have the jousting knights set for the same price.there was about 25-30 hover sets at lougheed mall walmart .Do we want to draft this set? talk to y'all later!
ARG! Someone please buy me 7 sets! Fast!

I don't get my car until tommorow!

PLEASE! I've been waiting for that set!
8) TFM -- ABS addiction is a terrible thing... to waste.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

Ooooh 7045 Hovercraft Hideout! Its *supposed* to have the old colours so I would love to draft this one, and not the jousting knights (eeww).

I was always hesitant to get that set at full price but at 50% off I can't resist. A word of warning though, I have 3 copies of this set - 1 from eastern Canada. The brown plates in that particular set (one 2x8 and one 2x6) were new brown!

Could someone pick up 2 more of this set (one to keep, one for a draft perhaps?) for me? I'll be at the next meeting for sure. :oops:

EDIT: Yeah just to be clear, 7045 Hovercraft Hideout should have the old colours. Whereas 8779 Grand Tournament definitely has the new colours.

-Bryan
Last edited by Gumby on Thu May 26, 2005 9:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

I picked up two sets today, but... I couldn't resist opening one and building it. lol

I'll bring the second set to the next meeting, maybe the opened one aswell.

~Dan
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

i take it all back! i thought it was new greys :?

i'd love to draft that and would take one for myself (if someone makes it out there to clear the shelf).
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

who ever is in the area , just clean them out . I'll take All extras if now one wants them ,. And i would like 1 to draft too :)
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

Brickhead wrote:who ever is in the area , just clean them out . I'll take All extras if now one wants them ,. And i would like 1 to draft too :)
Umm... There must be 30 boxes there. 30 x $15 = $450 + tax.

Are you wanting to spend that much?
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Hi everyone,I just bought 24 sets of 7045 hover craft for club use.I guess as on the forum,dean has 7,+one to draft(8),brian wanted 1+1 todraft(2)plus david wanted a couple as well .I think they'll be 10 or eight to draft on the 10th of june.The cost with tax for 24 sets 406.56,thats
16.94 per each set.please post on the forum if you think will be needing more sets than 24 cause I dont really want to get stuck with these. thanks and have building those mechs/robots/technic thingys ,Andrew :woo:
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Andrew wrote:Hi everyone,I just bought 24 sets of 7045 hover craft for club use.I guess as on the forum,dean has 7,+one to draft(8)
Plus 1 more for Alex to Draft. :P
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

Andrew wrote:Hi everyone,I just bought 24 sets of 7045 hover craft for club use.I guess as on the forum,dean has 7,+one to draft(8),brian wanted 1+1 todraft(2)plus david wanted a couple as well .I think they'll be 10 or eight to draft on the 10th of june.The cost with tax for 24 sets 406.56,thats
16.94 per each set.please post on the forum if you think will be needing more sets than 24 cause I dont really want to get stuck with these. thanks and have building those mechs/robots/technic thingys ,Andrew :woo:
Ouch! How did you sneak those home Andrew ?:)
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

leavebeaver2me wrote:Ouch! How did you sneak those home Andrew ?:)
Easy: I always use the line "They're not for me, really!" 8)

I'm also curious as to how Andrew managed to take 24 boxes to the checkout counter! :)

-Bryan
Last edited by Gumby on Fri May 27, 2005 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Gumby wrote:
leavebeaver2me wrote:Ouch! How did you sneak those home Andrew ?:)
I'm also curious as to how Andrew managed to take 24 boxes to the checkout counter! :)

-Bryan
The same way I did during that TRU 75% off sale! Two shopping carts! :twisted:
smartiac
MOC Poster

Post by smartiac »

Hey Andrew, Nathan here, I will take two of those sets please. I look forward to the draft.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

confirming i'm in for two sets.
deanlovell
MOC Poster

Post by deanlovell »

Hi guys
Just catching up, I'm in for a couple if available.

Cheers
Dean2
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

At the Lougheed Walmart, you might also want to checkout KK2 The Grand Tournament which is running for $14.97 (reg $39.99).

Sears Outlet has the Discovery Space Shuttle at $49.99, no where near the old Zeller's clearance price.

By the way, what does draft mean in the context that you use it?

ETA: Whoops... didn't notice that the original post already mentioned the KK2 set, but not the proper name and regular price. My bad.
Last edited by chump on Tue May 31, 2005 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

When we "draft" a set, all participants have 1 (or more, but each person must have the same number of sets) of the said set. We sort all of the pieces into individual piles. Next, we use a die to determine the "picking" order. Then we go around the table in that order, taking piles of parts until all piles have been claimed.

This is an easy way to accumulate large numbers of specific parts without having to buy multiple copies of one set and ending up with a bunch of "useless" parts. Also, it's interesting to see what parts different people value.
-Bryan
dberladyn
Experienced Poster

Post by dberladyn »

Can someone be sure to bring a die this time? ;)
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

the way I read the forum for the draft sets 9 for dean(1 for alex),2 for daveed,2 for dave,2 for brian,2 for nathan,2 for dean L,.I (andrew) would would also like 2 copies of yhe set .that means their is still 3 copies available for the draft,please post on the forum to hold one .mark,who ,scott or anyone else in? talk to you all later
timtosino
Element King

Post by timtosino »

I'll take one for the draft andrew thanks.
-Tim Tosino
Lugnet #606
ILTCO #101
http://www.flickr.com/photos/tim_tosino/
TFM
Element King

Post by TFM »

Andrew wrote:the way I read the forum for the draft sets 9 for dean(1 for alex),2 for daveed,2 for dave,2 for brian,2 for nathan,2 for dean L,.I (andrew) would would also like 2 copies of yhe set .that means their is still 3 copies available for the draft,please post on the forum to hold one .mark,who ,scott or anyone else in? talk to you all later
Dean & Alex 9 total
kopakanui
MOC Poster

Post by kopakanui »

I would like one please :)
If one of your lego creations falls apart it is another gateway to your imagination of great things.