Amerifriend Deal

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Amerifriend Deal

Post by chump »

I don't know if you guys are interested in these types of posts, however, I thought I'd just throw this out. I read on www.fbtb.net that www.boscovs.com is having a 20% off and free shipping.

With our relatively strong Cdn dollar and the relatively bad exchange rate that Lego uses to calculate Cdn prices, it can be advantageous to buy stuff from the US, as long as you are able to send it to a friend across the border.

This still lends to being dinged as you cross the border with it, but the savings can be significant when you talk about the larger sets. I used this to my advantage the last time TRU.com had 25% off and free shipping. Okay, another problem possibly may be that www.boscovs.com might not take Canadian credit cards, like eToys.com or KBToys.com. I haven't tried this to verify it though.

ETA: Free shipping is on orders over US$50, but then again you wouldn't really want to be putting a small order in.