half price buckets at toysrus

Post sales you know are happening around the lower mainland so that we may all enjoy a good Lego sale!

Moderator: VLC Directors

half price buckets at toysrus

Post by Guest »

I picked up some buckets today at Whalley ToysRUs. They had about 6 big blue ones, and lots (20+) smaller red ones (sorry, lazy on the numbers here)...Nathan you said you wanted more basic...

BTW, the red buckets have the old brown and the blue buckets have the new gray.
Platypus
Brick God

Post by Platypus »

I know the red bucket you're talking about. what was the sale price? $5? anyone up for a draft on this? has old brown, some orange, a grey (old) pieces and basic colours.

i won't be reading the list till thursday. if we go on this plan and someone is buying, i'd be in for a draft, X2 on the small red bucket, X1 on the blue.
Gumby
Master Poster

Post by Gumby »

They had the large red bucket (4105, 500 pcs, $15 regular) and large blue tub (4496, 1000 pcs, $30 regular) all on 50% off. The large red bucket has quite a few brown, green, and tan bricks so it's useful for doing landscaping. Way back when TRU was clearancing a bunch of their Star Wars sets, you got one of these buckets free with $x purchase, remember?

The blue tub definitely has the new colours. The thing to watch out about 4105 though, is that it comes in two flavours: one with new colours, and one with old colours. You need to check the copyright date on the label! (Well the label for the new colours will have a similar style to that of 4496).

There's also smaller red bucket, 4103 (200 pcs) + 4784 (200 bonus pieces) attached, for $10 regular price. I don't think this set was on sale though...
-Bryan
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

One of the cool things about the 4105 tub that I discovered after the TRU sale that Gumby mentioned is that you can make this out of it.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=27012

That's right, a transmogrified Calvin into Hobbes. Or rather I was able to make a decent facsimile of it, since there are no instructions. I have since changed the yellow pieces into orange.

Now if only there were a single tub that allowed me to do this one.

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=25962