Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Here is the place to discuss the local Lego shows and events. What did you like? What would you like to see? Ask about the builders and find out how they built it and where they get their ideas.

Moderator: AC

User avatar
EmilyGeekX
New Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: The Starship Enterprise

Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby EmilyGeekX » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:43 pm

Hi!

I was hoping it's not too late to contribute to this build?

Please let me know how I can help and if it's still possible to contribute?

Thank you kindly,
LLAP,
ET
User avatar
J1A3L5
MOC Poster
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2004 12:46 pm
Location: BrickCan
Contact:

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby J1A3L5 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 3:15 pm

Hey, I just wanted to add to this -

Emily just messaged me on facebook as well, disappointed she didn't know about the last meeting (she asked when it was, and I said last night). How are not-quite-yet-members supposed to know about the meetings, so they can attend them to become real members? Seems like a chicken/egg problem...

-John.
User avatar
Hamslice
Director at Large
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm
Location: Squamish

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby Hamslice » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:43 pm

EmilyGeekX wrote:Hi!

I was hoping it's not too late to contribute to this build?

Please let me know how I can help and if it's still possible to contribute?

Thank you kindly,
LLAP,
ET



Hi Emily
Yes we still need help with the layout. Install is nov
with plexi going up and final securment on the 26th.
We talked at the october meeting. Were still looking to build a dragon? Or did you have something else in mind? We have lots of space to put things.
Ill post a photo as well of the layout.

Added in 2 minutes 38 seconds:
Each square represents a 32x32 baseplate.

Yellow lines are the yellow brick
Red line is train track.

And brown squiggly is the cliff line. Anything in row A is raised ontop of the cliffs.
Attachments
20171117_221106.jpg
User avatar
chump
Element God
Posts: 6121
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 9:57 am

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby chump » Sat Nov 18, 2017 9:52 pm

J1A3L5 wrote:Hey, I just wanted to add to this -

Emily just messaged me on facebook as well, disappointed she didn't know about the last meeting (she asked when it was, and I said last night). How are not-quite-yet-members supposed to know about the meetings, so they can attend them to become real members? Seems like a chicken/egg problem...

-John.


Generally, it's the role of the membership director to keep new members informed of meetings till they either decide to become a member or they decide that we're not for them.
Pierre
VLC Vice President & VLC Ambassador to TLG

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
User avatar
TroopaDee
MOC Poster
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!
Contact:

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby TroopaDee » Sat Nov 18, 2017 10:06 pm

chump wrote:
J1A3L5 wrote:Hey, I just wanted to add to this -

Emily just messaged me on facebook as well, disappointed she didn't know about the last meeting (she asked when it was, and I said last night). How are not-quite-yet-members supposed to know about the meetings, so they can attend them to become real members? Seems like a chicken/egg problem...

-John.

Generally, it's the role of the membership director to keep new members informed of meetings till they either decide to become a member or they decide that we're not for them.

I remember I used to always PM the membership director and prez for the info because otherwise there is no way I'd know as I wasn't in the facebook group or anything at the time. But I wanted to go to the meetings so I didn't mind doing the work for it.
User avatar
EmilyGeekX
New Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: The Starship Enterprise

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby EmilyGeekX » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:52 am

I have done this in the past but the last meetings were not on a regular schedule.

Unfortunately I thought the meeting was a different date and was so sure I didn't confirm it.

I don't mind doing the work but it would be nice if it was a little easier to get involved.

Added in 8 minutes 36 seconds:
I am actually trying to work on a Shrek build right now but if it goes sideways i'll switch to a dragon.
User avatar
KenmoreThompson
General Poster
Posts: 16
Joined: Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:55 am

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby KenmoreThompson » Sun Nov 19, 2017 1:11 pm

Yeah I ended up adding a few guys on Facebook at BrickCan and then just pestered them for dates and locations occasionally. It always felt a little awkward for me.

If there was a public calendar even just listing the meeting dates (not locations), and whether or not this meeting or that are open to non-members, that would have taken a significant degree of "oh no, I'm pestering these nice strangers" out of it.
User avatar
Hamslice
Director at Large
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm
Location: Squamish

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby Hamslice » Sun Nov 19, 2017 3:54 pm

EmilyGeekX wrote:
Added in 8 minutes 36 seconds:
I am actually trying to work on a Shrek build right now but if it goes sideways i'll switch to a dragon.



Sherk works too. Let me know the foot print of iy though so i can mark where its going.


Cheers
Keith
User avatar
TroopaDee
MOC Poster
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 pm
Location: Vancouver, BC Canada. GO CANUCKS GO!
Contact:

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby TroopaDee » Sun Nov 19, 2017 7:00 pm

KenmoreThompson wrote:It always felt a little awkward for me.
If there was a public calendar even just listing the meeting dates (not locations), and whether or not this meeting or that are open to non-members, that would have taken a significant degree of "oh no, I'm pestering these nice strangers" out of it.

It's a little awkward yes, but it's also a good way to filter out those that really want to join from those that may not be a fit for us. Even if the dates were there you'd have to message someone for location.
User avatar
Hamslice
Director at Large
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm
Location: Squamish

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby Hamslice » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:15 am

Please keep memebership chatter to another forum page.
This page is for make a wish info for non members.

Added in 2 minutes 30 seconds:
EmilyGeekX wrote:
Added in 8 minutes 36 seconds:
I am actually trying to work on a Shrek build right now but if it goes sideways i'll switch to a dragon.


Keep in mind, the display is mini fig scale.
User avatar
EmilyGeekX
New Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: The Starship Enterprise

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby EmilyGeekX » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:58 am

Oh no....


i'm a little worried... I have a *gasp* Duplo bust of Shrek that fits on a blue 32 x 32 Lego baseplate.....
is that going to throw the scale off? I was thinking of making it like rising from the blue marsh/pond like?
User avatar
Hamslice
Director at Large
Posts: 1914
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:59 pm
Location: Squamish

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby Hamslice » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:11 am

Do u have a photo u can post?. Ill take a look
User avatar
EmilyGeekX
New Poster
Posts: 7
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:18 pm
Location: The Starship Enterprise

Re: Make A Wish Fairy Tale Build

Postby EmilyGeekX » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:45 pm

I'll post one tomorrow

Return to “Shows and Events”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest