Mini-Maker Faire 2015 - June 6th and 7th

Here is the place to discuss the local Lego shows and events. What did you like? What would you like to see? Ask about the builders and find out how they built it and where they get their ideas.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

Mini-Maker Faire 2015 - June 6th and 7th

Post by chump »

Wow.. I'm bad at keeping the shows and events updated in the forums. Anyways that's why you sign up for the VLC newsletter, right? (technically, it's just subscribing to our log, but newsletter sounds better).

Anyways, it's that time of year, we're back at Vancouver's Mini-Maker Faire at the PNE this weekend, June 6th and 7th. Another opportunity for the Lower Mainland to see what we do with LEGO bricks.

If you've actually been monitoring the VMMF site, you'll see that we were going to be bringing Paul Hetherington's Batman Gotham Theatre. Unfortunately, there was a mishap in transport and it will not be making it's appearance here (but will make a show in 2016). He will instead be bringing Poseidon, which is a huge animated mermaid fantasy delight.

In a similar vein, making it's Vancouver debut is Keith Reed's Neverland which brings the world of J.M. Barrie's Peter Pan fantastic island to LEGO life.

Rounding out the trio will be Jason von Innerebner, great ball contraption (GBC) based on Akiyuki's Ball Factory design. Jason is not even a VLC member but we're happy to have him show this off and cross our fingers that it runs smoothly for a full two days.

So come by and say hi!

Oh yeah... the Makers have asked us to bring some LEGO bricks for you all to play with in their LEGO Lounge. So kick back and relax and build a creation or five. Children must attend with a guardian present but hey you love building with LEGO too, right?

You can purchase your tickets to VMMF here.
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.