LEGO: A Fraser Valley Odyssey - June 2nd to Sept 16th, 2015

Here is the place to discuss the local Lego shows and events. What did you like? What would you like to see? Ask about the builders and find out how they built it and where they get their ideas.

Moderator: VLC Directors

chump
Element God

LEGO: A Fraser Valley Odyssey - June 2nd to Sept 16th, 2015

Post by chump »

You may have been thinking to yourself, that it's been a bit quiet around here. And you would be right, but thing have been hopping backstage with three different displays/events in the next week.

Opening today is LEGO: A Fraser Valley Odyssey at the Surrey Museum (in Cloverdale) and will run till September 16th, 2015.

Admission is sponsored by the friends of the museum which can be read as FREE! but please do support the museum by donation if you enjoy what you see.

Please excuse the Ice Age section of our display, we put a lot of effort into all the other time periods that we didn't have a lot of time to think this era through. Frankly, if you think about it there wasn't a whole lot happening there at the time but we'll fix that soon. Check out the rest of the displays and come back in a week or two and recheck the Ice Age then.

More info here: http://wp.me/p2mhl0-tz
Pierre
VLC Ambassador to TLG & VLC Director

My avatar is Ninjago's Pythor P Chumsworth. YAY! I finally have him! Thank you.
Kyler
Brick Deity

Re: LEGO: A Fraser Valley Odyssey - June 2nd to Sept 16th, 2

Post by Kyler »

I took my kids on Saturday and we were all impressed. Nice job :)

The museum and Library happened to be hosting a public open house, a sort of 'check out your museum' event, so there were lots of people and activities everywhere. We only had time for the Lego exhibit. There was a scavenger hunt (find five things in each time period exhibit) which was a good challenge.

From a technical perspective, I'd love to know what lights were used on the emergency vehicles on the bridge.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
soundwave
Brick Deity

Post by soundwave »

Kyler wrote:I took my kids on Saturday and we were all impressed. Nice job :)

The museum and Library happened to be hosting a public open house, a sort of 'check out your museum' event, so there were lots of people and activities everywhere. We only had time for the Lego exhibit. There was a scavenger hunt (find five things in each time period exhibit) which was a good challenge.

From a technical perspective, I'd love to know what lights were used on the emergency vehicles on the bridge.
Thank you for the feedback Kyler. All of the lights on the vehicles are made from a company called lifelites. (Lifelites.com). They are designed specifically to work with Lego
Shane Weckstrom

flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/43769067@N08/

Save a Tree, Eat a Beaver
Kyler
Brick Deity

Post by Kyler »

soundwave wrote: Thank you for the feedback Kyler. All of the lights on the vehicles are made from a company called lifelites. (Lifelites.com). They are designed specifically to work with Lego
Thanks.
Kyler Storm - (not the Gladiator)
JamesH
Master Poster

Post by JamesH »

I finally had a free Saturday so took the family out to see the display. It looks great! Greg and crew did a fantastic job.

No trains were running but the windmill in the far future looked great.
Bricksky
Brick Overlord

Re: LEGO: missing parts....

Post by Bricksky »

Is this yours?
Recovered from surrey show
Recovered from surrey show