2 new/old Space ships

Announce your latest and greatest MOCS.

Moderator: VLC Directors

DeGobbi
Brick Deity

2 new/old Space ships

Post by DeGobbi »

I have finally gotten around to posting 2 of my spacey ships on brickshelf , some of you will recogonize them from past layouts and brickwars games . the space police i built for this upcoming show but i did bring to a meeting a little while ago .

What you guys think ? I got some good detail shots in there too

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=96197

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=92043

anyone wanna build a space police building for my ship to land on ? :rotflol:
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

Awesomeness.

The VTOL is just cool. Not sure about the cockpit part of it, but the main body of it rocks. Gotta love the huge cannon. I also like the simple but effective design of the smaller cannons - The ball joint gives it lots of movement.

As for the Space Police ship, I love the design of it. I don't even know what to say about it, except amazing SNOT work. The only thing I'm not taken with is the two large curved pieces. (From Jango Fett Slave I set) The engines especially captured my attention - All made from small parts, and yet powerful looking. Definately the "hottest" of Police Ships. I'd love to see it in different colours, maybe as a race ship? It has that look to it. Especially with the small cockpit but larger ship and sleek design. One thing I really am not sure about are the 'outrigger' bits of it. I like the look of the large white curves on them, but on the insides they don't look that great. Although I can't think of any way to change it without completely redesigning it.

Definately a couple of the best ships I've seen lately, especially the Police ship. Aside from Adrian's Tribunal, of course. :P
Gumby
Master Poster

Re: 2 new/old Space ships

Post by Gumby »

Brickhead wrote:I have finally gotten around to posting 2 of my spacey ships on brickshelf
Wow very cool! The space police ship looks very Japanese anime-ish.
anyone wanna build a space police building for my ship to land on ? :rotflol:
Let me think about it... :)

-Bryan
DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Post by DeGobbi »

J1A3L5 wrote:Awesomeness.

The VTOL is just cool. Not sure about the cockpit part of it, but the main body of it rocks. Gotta love the huge cannon. I also like the simple but effective design of the smaller cannons - The ball joint gives it lots of movement.

As for the Space Police ship, I love the design of it. I don't even know what to say about it, except amazing SNOT work. The only thing I'm not taken with is the two large curved pieces. (From Jango Fett Slave I set) The engines especially captured my attention - All made from small parts, and yet powerful looking. Definately the "hottest" of Police Ships. I'd love to see it in different colours, maybe as a race ship? It has that look to it. Especially with the small cockpit but larger ship and sleek design. One thing I really am not sure about are the 'outrigger' bits of it. I like the look of the large white curves on them, but on the insides they don't look that great. Although I can't think of any way to change it without completely redesigning it.

Definately a couple of the best ships I've seen lately, especially the Police ship. Aside from Adrian's Tribunal, of course. :P
The cock pit on the VTOl , I wanted to use that dark shadow grey color of canopy . I played around with the bubble on from the jedi starfighter but found it was to high and ruined the sleekness of ship .

and the bottom one was 2 wide and didn't open without alot of extra work put into it .

As for hte Dark blue peices from the slave 1 . I wanted to have a white and blue color scheme but though that the regular blue was to bright. I only have a few peices in that color and short of going to regular 2x3 slopes and stuff i would be hard to achieve that round smooth look i wanted to get on the front.

The our riggers are there cause I couldn't decide on a fixed wing position that i was happy with so i made them be able to move . it also takes the place of landing gear too , I tried for a while to fit landing gear in that was small enough to hide and that could support hte wieght of the ship .. i failed ! haha :rotflol:

I part that was kinda rushed was hte center bottom in my mind it gets kinda chunky and if i had spent more time on it , it could have been alot smoother . oh well . :)

but thats for your opinion . what other canopy do you think would work on the VTOl though ?
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

I wasn't so much meaning the canopy choice (Which in a case like this I like better than either of the other two you brought up) but the assembly around it. It just doesn't look that sleek at the bottom or sides. It looks sort of blockish (or plate-ish?), at least in my opinion.