Ordering Bricks from European Bricklink stores

Buy, Sell or Trade anything LEGO® related. (Note: due to the accountability of this forum this area requires you to be registered to post.)

Moderator: VLC Directors

DeGobbi
Brick Deity

Ordering Bricks from European Bricklink stores

Post by DeGobbi »

Has anyone had any experiences with Ordering Bricks from European Bricklink stores ? Pros cons ? I want a certain brick but only people in europe have any siazeble amounts .

Anyone have Duty or tax or shipping stories to share ?
VLC Loud mouth
Dave De Gobbi
chump
Element God

Post by chump »

I had really good dealings with "v.schnabel" in Germany, although his store seems a lot smaller now. No problems with duty, although shipping costs are high anywhere across the ocean. I wanted to max out my shipping weight, but everytime I tried to do that I went over to the next weight category. Spent a lot. Got a lot. Or at least what seemed like a lot, when the box comes, you're like, "is that it?"!

You're right though, all the good pieces in decent quantities seem to be in Europe. Especially them shootin' cannons.

Perhaps you could let us know which shop and we could piggy back an order and help bring your shipping costs down?
Andrew
Brick Overlord

Post by Andrew »

Hey Dave,I had ordered some 70,s wheels from lego old parts and pieces from germany.that guy was pretty decent.I dont remember any glaring issues with ordering .just that the box didn't have much packing around it,probaly cheaper shipping. See ya later
who
MOC Poster

Post by who »

i have ordered plenty , the only problem would be to keep an i on the shipping , otherwise , no problem .

who.
J1A3L5
MOC Poster

Post by J1A3L5 »

I've bought from bricks4you.com™ BULK store once before, and all was well. In fact, I found the shipping to be faster than I normally get from many places in the US, which was a great surprise. The shipping I can't really comment on - Torquay tends to keep high shipping costs, and especially if you order a lot of separate "lots".

I bought some ninja armours, black bullet helms, black falcon torsos and shields, and some visors. Since I had a low amount of lots, I kept my shipping costs down. There were also no strange taxes I had to pay...but then again, he sent it as a "gift". Some new law was passed about that, so sellers seem relucant to do so anymore.

-John "J1A3L5" Langrish.